Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » problem upgrading KOFF to 8.0 or uninstalling 7.3 (unable to remove KOFF client 7.3.1)
  •  
derek_500

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,
On a new Windows 7 (32-bit) system I am not able to upgrade the KOFF from 7.3.1 to 8.0. I have a Windows 7 image with 7.3.1 on it that we use as the base for our builds.

We did have trouble with a few clients (but only a few) made from the same image when we upgraded our server to Connect 8.0 - most of the machines upgraded fine for the end users. Those that did not had to have 7.3 uninstalled while logged in as the local administrator (normally we use domain admin but the image was created off-domain so it can be added to the domain when the image is deployed). This is the first machine I've built with this image since we upgraded the server to 8.0 and I ran Outlook as the end user before upgrading, was prompted to autoupdate the KOFF which failed.

If I run the 8.0 KOFF installer as a domain administrator, the Kerio Updater service installs, but the installer for KOFF quits with no message at all. If I run the 8.0 KOFF installer as the local administrator, the KOFF installer gets a little further - actually starting the InstallShield Wizard. Unfortunately, it finishes stating that "The wizard was interrupted before Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) could be completely installed."

I also tried to run the 7.3.1 installer again, hoping for a clean install/uninstall, but it's installer just goes away with no error messages.

I have tried manually deleting the Program Files/Kerio folder after uninstalling the updater service. The folder deletes cleanly but the installer is still a no-go.

I'm stuck here. If anyone has ideas thanks in advance! I am assuming something has not uninstalled completely. My next step would be to wipe the machine and build the system from scratch instead of from my image, which will take several hours instead of a few minutes...

Thanks
-Derek
  •  
sedell

I've seen that happen where I couldn't install. The exe connector/updater installer would just quit with no message, the msi installer for just the connector would tell me the install was interrupted.

Something you can try to get a better idea of why it's failing is use the MSI installer from a command line and enable verbose logging:

msiexec /a <kerioInstaller.msi> /lv C:\temp\kerio_install.log

Do you happen to have MS Project or Visio installed? I've had problems in the past with the Kerio installer choking on both, but only on some machines.

Scott
  •  
derek_500

Hi Scott,

Thanks. No Project or Visio, Office 2010.

I downloaded the msi version and ran the command you gave above, and it just made a copy of the msi file where I told it to (C:\temp) as far as I can tell. The log showed a succesful completion. What are the /l and /v flags?

Thanks
-Derek
  •  
derek_500

I ran that command again and this time let it use the default C:\ location to install. It did not make a copy of the msi and appears to have successfully placed all of the files to Program Files\Kerio\Outlook Connecter etc. The log file doesn't contain any errors and ends with "Installation operation completed successfully."

However, the KOFF is not listed in Programs and Features, and does not appear in the Start menu. I also do not see Kerio available as an option in Outlook.

I tried running the msi and exe installers over that and still get the same results as before.

What's next?

Thanks
-Derek
Previous Topic: What does this mean
Next Topic: Kerio Activesync/Connect and Windows Essentials Port Conflicts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:05:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.