Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Activesync setup for iOS devices? (Do you use Activesync or IMAP, CalDAV, CardDAV when setting up iOS device?)
  •  
hello

Send a private message to this user
I just noticed the KB article under KC/OS X regarding accounts on iOS devices...specifically:

Q: Can I use Exchange Activesync with an iOS device?
A: Yes, however Kerio recommends using the mobile configuration profile in the Kerio Connect client login page, which will configure IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV.

Question:
I have historically used the Exchange/Activesync setup on all my iOS devices with KERIO. Why DON'T they recommend using this setup..sync issues??

Thanks
  •  
Vicky

Hello,

We are trying to encourage end-users to try the open standard protocols as there is more flexibility with these as opposed to Exchange ActiveSync. However our end-users can still manually configure an Exchange connection if they wish to do so as the open standards are not for everyone.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
BudDurland

Do these open protocols with with Blackberry devices as well, or is BES still required?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
germanr

On Android CalDav, Carddav and Imap work fine. However CalDav and Carddav need to be installed as they are not native as in iOS. After installing (there are several apps that do the job) then sync with the native calendar and contacts.
I beleive that the new Blackberry 10 devices support Caldav and Carddav too, but have not tried it.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 February 2013 22:28]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Vicky

Hi Bud,

From what I can see the BB10 OS does support CalDAV/CardDAV:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/calDav /td-p/2126787

I would not recommend entertaining the idea of using a BES server this will be phased out of our product in the future.

http://www.kerio.com/blog/open-standards-for-mobile-email-%E 2%80%93-and-kerios-thoughts-on-bes

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
BudDurland

Whack! Another nail in the Kerio coffin. I have a couple dozen BB users at a company we just acquired, who got new phones before the BB10 was released. We certainly don't want to buy replacement phones at this point.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Forward-confirmed reverse DNS (FCrDNS)
Next Topic: CalDAV issue with iOS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 20:30:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.