Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Activesync/Connect and Windows Essentials Port Conflicts
  •  
peegee68

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Just started using Kerio Connect on Essentials 2012. Since the "Remote Web Access" site published by IIS still holds some use for me, and runs on HTTPS port 443, it's causing a conflict with Kerio HTTPS port access.

I can get around webmail problem by specifying a different HTTPS port in the URL and forwarding that port through the firewall. The sticking point is using Activesync on my iPhone - that seems to only want port 443. Since IIS is picking up this port I can't get Activesync working.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Paul.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Port conflict an be solved also by assigning two IP addresses to a local interface and then telling each product to listen only on one IP address.
Search the forum, there are several posts about this.
  •  
peegee68

Thanks, but your assumption that I did not search the forum before posting is wrong. I just must have missed the correct search criteria.

So since there's been SEVERAL posts about this, none of which my searching found, why don't you make a knowledge base article on the issue. Then you won't have to waste your time constructing replies with incorrect assumptions and statements that some customers might find terse.

You're welcome.
  •  
peegee68

Thanks, and you have even given me a relevant link to an existing KB article. That's all I was looking for (after spending some time searching your site and Google prior to posting). Looks like I am Mr "incorrent assumption" now?

This should be most helpful for the inept searchers (like myself) still to come...

Previous Topic: problem upgrading KOFF to 8.0 or uninstalling 7.3
Next Topic: Mailserver marked as a "phishing" site by OpenDNS?!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 13:07:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.