Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Upgrading directly from 7.4.0 to 8.0.1??
  •  
dafleXXX

Send a private message to this user
Hello!

I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to the newest version directly or do I have to install in-between versions first?

And: Is version 8 recommended or are there known bug issues to consider?
I don't wanna proceed and be stuck with problems afterwards. I didn't really see any thread popping out regarding this...

What are these files and do I need them as well?:
Kerio Connect VMWare Virtual Appliance
Kerio Connect VMWare Virtual Appliance (OVF)
Kerio Connect VMWare Virtual Appliance (OVF) - disk image (What's the difference between these 3 files anyway)
Kerio Sync Connector for Mac
Kerio Updater Service MSI
Open Directory Extension

Thx Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2013 12:03]

•  
puretech

Hi,

I always upgrade to the latest one if I have missed 2-3 updates. But since this is a major update, i would wait for a confirmation. However, I am 99% sure you can do it. If resources and time allow you, do a test on a test machine?

Edit: Other questions:
You would only need the main file and the kerio connectors. VMWare appliances are if you have appliance.

How is your server set up?

[Updated on: Fri, 01 March 2013 11:20]

•  
Vicky

Hi Dafle,

You should be fine to upgrade to version 8 from 7.4. The only thing I would ask is do you have your users connected to Kerio via OD on a 10.8 OD server? If you do, you may want to hold off upgrading as many of our users on 8 and use 10.8 OD server are having problems with authentication.

Hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
dafleXXX

Vicky Cinelli (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 01 March 2013 17:08
Hi Dafle,

You should be fine to upgrade to version 8 from 7.4. The only thing I would ask is do you have your users connected to Kerio via OD on a 10.8 OD server? If you do, you may want to hold off upgrading as many of our users on 8 and use 10.8 OD server are having problems with authentication.

Hope this helps,
Vicky

Excuse me asking, but what do you mean by 'OD'? Confused
  •  
Vicky

Hi Dafle,

No problem, by OD I mean Open Directory which is Apple's directory service.

I hope that helps,
Vicky
  •  
dafleXXX

I could've figured that out by myself Embarassed

Nope not using 10.8 server and no OD active, so I should be good to go...
THX!
Previous Topic: Recover removed inbox
Next Topic: Formatting lost when replying from WP8
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 04:26:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.