Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Disable user temporarily, forward emails
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
Hey Everybody,

I have a user that is going on maternity leave and I'd like to disable her mailbox for the duration of her leave. I'd also like her emails to go to two different users for the same duration.

How would I go about doing this? Would I simply disable the user account and create and alias for the two other users? Is there an easier way?
thanks

Lucas
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is probably the best way.
Another option could be to set up mail filter rules for that account to forward all incoming emails to that two users and leave the mailbox enabled.
Or set up forwarding directly in user setting in administration for that user.
  •  
88fingerslukee

Hmm, I think I prefer the last option. That's nice and clean and something that I can manage without having to rely on the user to get it done. Thanks!

Might I suggest the option to set a bounce-back email for the forward? It would be nice to inform people of this change.

That leads me to this question:
If she sets a bounce-back Out-of-Office client-side email and I set server-side forwarding, will the bounce-back still occur?
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hi Lucas,

To achieve that you will need to set server-side forwarding with the option "Deliver message to both mailbox and forwarding addresses" enabled.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
clan

Does this work when the account is disabled?
  •  
BudDurland

If you disable the account, mail will bounce back. Best to use the administrator program, and set mail forwarding there to the two other users (with an option to keep in in the original mail box). They can even be in different domains. If you like, the mom-to-be can set an "out of office" message that says who the message was forwarded to for action.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
88fingerslukee

Quote:
If you disable the account, mail will bounce back. Best to use the administrator program, and set mail forwarding there to the two other users (with an option to keep in in the original mail box). They can even be in different domains. If you like, the mom-to-be can set an "out of office" message that says who the message was forwarded to for action.

Perfect, this is what I was looking for.

thanks everybody!
Previous Topic: Delated users still on my IMAP folder list
Next Topic: Spam not getting caught
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 05:38:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.