Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Routing/Failover in Kerio Control (How to use Kerio Control to route traffic and failover)
  •  
Peter Tsang

Send a private message to this user
HI folks,

I am planning to deploy Kerio Control but I have questions.

There are 2 networks in my environment. A is 192.168.2.2 and another one B is 192.168.3.4

A and B have different public IP addresses and each network is connected to a router.

A is the primary site, B is the disaster recovery site.

A and B both have Kerio Connect installed.

Question 1: If I want to route traffic from A to B, should I get Kerio Control setup on both A and B?

Question 2: When I set up Kerio Control, should I set it up in front of the routers or behind the routers?

Question 3: Is Kerio Control designed to route incoming traffic from one network to another like in this case, from A to B?

Thanks in advance!
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

Send a private message to this user
I'm a little confused by your description so please correct me if I read something wrong.

You have 2 networks in the same location and you want to have failover so if one location goes down your email will be received by the Kerio Connect server at the second location?

1. Kerio Control would REPLACE your routers, not be installed in addition to them.

2. You will want to use MX records with proper priorities to have mail go to the primary site, then the secondary site if that is down.

3. If you have off-site users that need to connect to the mail servers you will want a service like dnsmadeeasy.com to redirect your DNS entries in case of failure.

4. If you want the email to be synced on both servers for a hot spare you will need to set up some type of software to sync them. Otherwise you can set up store & forward so the mail will end up at the primary site when it returns. Alternately have your backups pushed to the secondary location and have a server sitting by as a cold spare that you could rebuild in a few hours. This all depends on your needs and budget.

While not a step-by-step this should point you in the right direction to handle all of the major factors involved, if you need more help I would contact your reseller and ask if they offer installation and setup support.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
Previous Topic: internet access from vpn connection
Next Topic: Update Status says 7.4.2, not 8.0.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 02:12:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.