Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange ActiveSync Announcement
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
Just got through the notification about Exchange ActiveSync becoming a paid for service in Connect 8.1.

The announcement said if you want to use active sync you will need to purchase it at your next renewal. What happens if you renew period is before 8.1 comes out. Does it mean if you then upgrade to 8.1 your active sync will stop working and you will need to purchase the add-on to re-enable it or does it keep working until your next renewal were you will need purchase the add-on at that point?

I have a number of clients coming up for renewal in the next few months. I don't want to explain to them why they have to renew now and then add a bolt on in a few months. I'd rather just have them pay an increased fee and have everything keep working?

Any way to pre-order the active sync licence before hand. Annoyingly I just did a renewal quote about an hour ago.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Any Software Maintenance purchased before that day will have an EAS extension for free until end of the SWM.
  •  
sedell

Where did you see this announcement?

Scott
  •  
TheMilkMen

I just phoned the partner line to see if it would affect my SaaS licences. The charges involved essentially double the price of SaaS licence.

They are waiting for the US to come online to ask the question.

I've been a Kerio partner less than a month and they have killed Workspace and done this to EAS. I'm not sure I am going to stick with Kerio now

Quote:
Exchange ActiveSync Announcement

Dear Kerio Partner

... Edited out.

Kind Regards,
Kerio Technologies

[Updated on: Tue, 05 March 2013 18:09] by Moderator

•  
sedell

That was the final nail in the Kerio coffin. Moving away from Kerio just moved several steps higher on the priority list.

Scott
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

themilkmen, this email was intended for partners only. Public announcement is planned later. I'm sad that you, as a partner, don't respect this.

I'm going to close this thread until there will be public announcement.
Previous Topic: Problem connecting to Kerio mailserver (after W7 updates?)
Next Topic: Windows 8 & EAS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 03:43:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00453 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.