Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Lost Features of Kerio Client
  •  
hbianchi

Send a private message to this user
This inteds to make a comprehensive list on features that are missing in Kerio Client. I request everybody to endorse the request to regain some or all of this features.

- SpellChecker
- ability of sorting up and down by different data: sender, subject, date, size, etc.
- automatica auto complete TO and CC (now we always have to choose a name)
- selection of contact lists to use for autocompletion.
- configuration of inmediate deletion (not moving to deleted folder) of spam messages.
- configuration of 24 hours clock
- possibility to select pure html or pure text messages and not only a mix of both.
- delivery confirmation
- a button to forward messages (not to open the "more" menu)
- configuration of number of messages in pages
- faster performance (compared with old web interface)
- possibility of configure layout of cliente (messages at rigth, messages at botton, etc.etc) as we had in old cliente.

•  
maurice

I'll certainly support the request as the removal of some of them are causing me to 'hold off' on deployment of V8.
I know that currently we can simply configure the 'old' web interface, but this is unlikely to be for very long? (as an ex developer, carrying around a load of legacy code is a pain and just delays the inevitable.

There is a definite 'push' within the business to move to exchange - or even Office 365, without really evaluating all of the potential infrastructure and support costs. For 30 Users Kerio is so much simpler to manage - but it still needs to hold its own on the features and facilities front.

Of your list of 12 items the ones on my 'critical' list are: 1; 2; 8; 9; 11; 12 in no particular priority order as this varies depending on the User! NOTE. The others on the list still have value, but not causing as much debate.

•  
Gomez IT

I have said it before and I'll say it again. We need a proper response from Kerio as to their plans for Kerio Client. I am an IT professional, I need to plan my strategy going forward, Kerio are preventing this at the moment due to a lack of transparency. Please give us some kind of roadmap and indication of whether you are adding back in the missing functions. It is not a lot to ask for......
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Thank you for you feedback. I noticed it is already filled at UserVoice feedback system as well.

We are continuously working on improving the Kerio Client and making in better. Many of the features and functions still waiting to be added there. And we will do so.
However, the new client is not supposed to be a copy of old WebMail. So some features might be implemented in new, innovative, way. Some may become obsolete.
Your feedback is valuable for us, so please take a time and click on a Feedback button in Kerio Connect Client and place your votes here. Thank you.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 March 2013 11:31]

•  
puretech

WOW! I never realised those important (which most, if not all) mail servers have them by default.

I would like this list to be in that thread which compares Kerio with MS Exchange so new customers or potential customers see what they are getting in to.

Sounds harsh but if Kerio Connect was my product, i would get it up to most mail servers level and competitive before leaving it half way to make a new product.

This year, hopefully before the maintenance ends, I am going to review and test other mail servers as I have been spending more time getting things sorted with this than doing other projects.
  •  
puretech

Sorry Pavel, dont take anything we say personally, it's nothing personal, pure business. But New Kerio Client or Old Webmail, most of the feature above are important enough to stay in any new upcoming versions, unless of course there is only visual changes and not functions.

If you were a paying customer and weren't working for Kerio and had to manage 100+ users, who, honestly speaking are not techy and want the normal things, you would know how hard it is to defend our (my) ground and try to defend Kerio. But questions like "i can do this at home with free emails etc" or "in my other company it wasn't like that or slow" make you feel like you are incompetent, which I am not. If company had the budget, i would definitely not take the headache and straight go to Exchange.

As I said, dont take this personally. You are just an employee just as we are.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 March 2013 11:26]

•  
Albeck

Hi,

an other "lost feature" is, that in the new Kerio Client it is no longer possible to create HTML signatures.

I created a bug ticket for that (#BBD-773527) but Kerio just replied that this is not a bug and I will have to submit a feature request for this!

So the point is this: In the old webmail it was possible to create HTML signatures directly in the webmail. In the new Kerio Client this is not possible anymore. However, when the signature was created in the old webmail and then switched to the new Kerio Client the HTML signature will still work. So when I want an HTML signature and im in the new Kerio Client I will first have to switch to old webmail create the siganture and then switch back.

The thing is, when I configure Kerio to only allow the new Kerio Client, new useres are not able to create a HTML signature!

Anyway it is a shame that I am told to request a basic feature that was implemented in an old version to be reimplemented in the new version.

This is so ridiculous! The new Kerio Client was released far to early and lacks tons of features the old webmail had. It's a shame!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Connect client does support HTML signatures, when the HTML text is entered with copy&paste (eg. from email message or website). It does not support HTML code editing, ie. entering HTML tags manually. For this we recommend to use old webmail interface.
  •  
Albeck

No it simply does not! If you copy and paste html code in the Kerio Client signature, the code is just shown as plain text when writing a new e-mail. This is just wrong.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect Outlook Connector vs. Outlook 2007
Next Topic: Caldav sync not working on ios
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 18:43:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00513 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.