Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Operator can't connect to the internet
  •  
vboxx

Send a private message to this user
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with our Kerio Operator server.

Our operator server has 2 NICS.
One NIC (eth0) directly to the outside world (no firewall, no NAT etc) with a external IP.
One NIC (eth1) to a internal network switch where the VOIP Phones are connected to. (192.168.4.x network)

Phones can receive phone calls and call to the outside world, but have no other internet access.
This is needed for us to load our contacts from our Kerio Connect server into our phones.

What route do I have to create? To make the phones have access to the outside world?

Also just to try I connected my laptop on the internal (phone) switch with the same IP info as one of the phones but also then I have no internet access.
Meaning in my opinion that operator is not giving internet access to the local (192.168.4.x) network.

Looking forward to any good suggestions.
  •  
Jakub Viták (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi.

1) Operator isn't router and for direct usage on Internet, please, consider the security measures - see http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/server-configurat ion-kerio-operator/securing-kerio-operator-819.html

2) Operator's DHCP server is unable to serve different gateways for both interfaces.

Solution for you is to use router with DHCP server on Internet side - like Kerio Control firewall solution which is designed to work with Operator and for communication restriction and analysis.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 March 2013 12:49]

Previous Topic: Configuring BLF on Polycom phones.
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.1.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:27:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00482 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.