Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF+OL2010+Attachments
  •  
EdRoxter

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone,

I believe this happened with the last update from Kerio Connect 8.0.0 to 8.0.1:

For some mails with attachments (witnessed it so far with several PDF documents), the attachments aren't visible in Outlook anymore. In the list of mails, the paper clip is shown, but when the mail is viewed, no attachment is to be seen below the meta information. I have the slight clue that this is the case with inline attachments.

The attachments work flawlessly in the webmail interface.

I looked up the problem, but there were only solutions for Exchange server which basically said that the server hat to be configured to show inline attachments as regular attachments. I didn't find any corresponding option in Kerio Connect Administration.

Does anyone else have this problem as well?

Kind regards
Nico
  •  
andynaw

Hi Nico,

I use Kerio 8.0 (going to upgrade to 8.1 in few days) and I can tell you, that I noticed some problems with attachements too. I use Outlook 2007 across my company and I noticed that many messages (mostly in outbox, mostly older) doesn't show attachements inside. I see attachement icon at messages list but it's impossible to get to that attachement (only via webmail)

I think it's something with upgrade issue of KOFF (reindexing users messages don't work).

When I cleared local storage and pushed Outlook to resync with server everthing worked fine.

By the way did you have problems with KOFF upgrade? Still have some problems on random worksations that causes I need to manually install newer KOFF version or even sometimes cleanup older records in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\ which they cause problems with upgrading...
  •  
EdRoxter

Oh well, I really haven't thought about the common way of dealing with KOFF problems: Cache purging and then looking if the problem still exists. Thanks for the hint! Smile

I will try that and tell how it worked out.

I also had issues with the update on some clients, solved it by manually uninstalling the old, and then installing the new version on every client (luckily, there were only 3 or 4 affected).
  •  
andynaw

I think, there is a problem with KOFF.

I noticed also the problem with Update to never versions, and I'm not sure if this is the cause of problem with integrity of KOFF database.

I noticed few times some problems with unability for Kerio Updater Service to update KOFF. I got information from Kerio Support to use Registry Cleanup Tool, and then install KOFF again with present version.

I noticed when I updated Kerio to version 8.0 the same problems on other machines that formerly they had had update process sucesfull. I discovered some old registry entries of version 7.3.1 in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\ which I believe were making some errors for Updater Service also with Manual update or Add/Remove Programs...

Did you have also similar problems?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2013 11:51]

•  
EdRoxter

First of all: Purging the local cache did work perfectly!

I also had two or three users with problems updating, but only from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1: Automatic updater would start, work a bit, then nothing happened anymore. At the next start of Outlook, the update process started again.

It helped to download the full installation package from Kerio's homepage and install the latest version manually (no removal of the old one necessary).

I hope it will all work flawlessly with the next updates. For me, the problem occurred with 2-3 out of 30 users. I don't want to imagine how it'd go with 500 or even 5000 users...
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 8.0 install on CentOS 6.4
Next Topic: Contact Group Outlook 2011 for mac
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 00:29:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00489 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.