Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connect 7.4.3 with Sophos AV. Q? about license. (Question about the Anti-Virus License)
  •  
coolknight8888

Send a private message to this user
We use connect 7.4.3 with Sophos anti Virus.
But our Software License maintenance will end in 25 days.
Does this mean that we have to renew the Sophos AV license?
Or the complete Kerio Connect license?
Not clear at all. Technically, we see no reason of changing the software as we have no problems with it, we just want to keep our Sophos AV running.

Some clarification would help! Thank you!

Ok, I just found out I can buy one extra year of support.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 March 2013 17:45]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes.
If you want to continue in using Sophos, getting anti-virus database updates, and/or getting product upgrades then the software maintenance for the license needs to be prolonged.
Sophos subscription is an option in product Software Maintenance and cannot be bought separately.

In other words, you need a Software Maintenance + Sophos.
  •  
Machete

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 11 March 2013 22:58
Yes.
If you want to continue in using Sophos, getting anti-virus database updates, and/or getting product upgrades then the software maintenance for the license needs to be prolonged.
Sophos subscription is an option in product Software Maintenance and cannot be bought separately.

In other words, you need a Software Maintenance + Sophos.

I don't think this is a very fair decision on Kerio's part. Previously, we had alternative choices for integrated AV options for Connect - and if a customer was happy with their Connect version they didn't have to renew maintenance and the AV could be maintained separately. Now, Kerio is forcing the customer (if they want the integrated AV) to pay extra for it AND if they want to keep the AV current - are FORCED to pay for Software Maintenance as well. Not much choice or flexibility there.

I'm sure the same thing is going to happen with EAS. If for whatever reason the poor business management at Kerio requires you to start charging extra for things customers always had (after a recent increase in the base package) that's a different issue, but why not allow the customer flexibility and the option to pick what they want to renew?

Still not happy over the whole Workspace debacle... and I swallowed the AV/Sophos upcharge on Connect and will probably take the EAS nickel and dime screwing once... but I'll be starting to look for a Connect replacement once I get a Workspace replacement rolled out. I hope to be gone before you start charging extra for the Greylisting and SpamAssassin features.

Kerio - I hope you are listening! This customer is ready (and starting to make plans) to jump ship and I don't believe I'm the only one.

Please note: My frustration is with the business decisions being made at Kerio, not the developers or support technicians.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

There is still an option to use alternative anti-virus solutions. See http://www.kerio.com/blog/introducing-antivirus-sdk-kerio-pr oducts
In fact, plug-in for ClamAV is as an example in the SDK. We know that some AV vendors already started to work on the plug-ins for Kerio products.
  •  
Macman2013

We have Sophos throughout am I right that we now have to pay for each user again just for Kerio to pre scan ? .......

If so...

It goes like this

Boss you know how Kerio upped the prices like crazy last year again .... hmmm yes
Well you know they removed inclusive support ......hmmmmmm yes
You know how we still can't use windows 8 phones as attachments won't download until they release the next update & they have a policy of not telling us when......HMMMM YESSSSS (Getting more red in the face) Well err now they want to charge us for Antivirus on Sophos... oh and EAS now too ....

Bossman Mad we already have 100+ Licences SAV (Smoke coming out of ears)tell em to do one we will go elsewhere....

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2013 15:26]

Previous Topic: Contact Group Outlook 2011 for mac
Next Topic: Secure HTTP Services Stop on it own
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:13:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.