Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Date/Time Issues
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
A couple of things regarding time.

1.) I have the KO server set to update to a local NTP server of mine. It seems to work but DST just hit and the server didn't update. It took me having to turn off time syncing, hit apply, and then turn it back on for it to sync. It then went to GMT so I had to turn off time syncing, set the time manually and then turn it back on and hit apply.

2.) When do the phones set their time? It seems KO selects them to sync once a day or something when I think they should sync more frequently than that. My phones still haven't taken the DST setting so I will have to restart them all.

3.) speaking of restarting, when I went to set up the restart all phones task it is 11:30AM. I set the restart time to 12:30 and it says "Tasks must be set in the future." Last I checked, 12:30 is ahead of 11:30.

Operator 2.0.3
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

What timezone are you in?

Is Operator running in a virtualization environment? If so, which?

Filip
  •  
88fingerslukee

Pacific Time Zone. No virtualization. The image has its own hardware.
  •  
Jakub Viták (Kerio)

Hi, Lucas.

What version of Kerio Operator and HW phones are you using?

Thank you in advance, Jakub Viták
  •  
88fingerslukee

Already stated the OS version. 2.0.3.

Snom 870 phones. One phone still hasn't updated the time after multiple reboots.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Dear Lucas,

am I correct when I say that you did a restore of a previously made backup? I have discovered, that the timezone is not restored correctly although the Administration interfaces displays so. A workaround is pretty simple, change the timezone temporarily to a different one and then back to the correct zone.

Regarding your question about phones. Some brands, for example snom phones, are configured with the current timezone and they have to resync in order to retrieve a new zone and update the time. Other phones such as Cisco are provided with the exact date when DST change occurs and they should update automatically.

In general, phones should resync configuration every hour. However, in Operator version 2.0.3 there were a few models resyncing every 24 hours.

Currently, we are working on a new provisioning system, which should behave a bit better.

Best
Filip
Previous Topic: AutoProvisioning Error
Next Topic: Voicemail Forwarding
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 06:24:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.