Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [solved] Email adress: send copy to internal and external adress
  •  
emiko

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,

i have a question:

We need an alias like mailgroup<_at_>intern.com and would send each mail to some user
with internal and external adress.
For example: user1@intern.com, user2@intern.com and user1@gmail.com, user2<_at_>yahoo.com.

Is there any feature?

I must be blind. Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 21 March 2013 08:34]

•  
MarkK

You can use Aliases. You will create multiple Aliases all named the same thing; mailgroup. Example:

mailgroup email:user1<_at_>intern.com
mailgroup email:user2<_at_>intern.com
mailgroup email:user1<_at_>gmail.com

Emails sent to mailgroup <_at_> intern.com will deliver copies to each of the three listed above.
  •  
Charles B

What you've described is a Mailing List.

Kerio's implementation is...rudimentary, but you can use one list for both internal and external addresses. In addition, you can set it up so that only you, or perhaps only list members, can send email to the list.

Using the multiple aliases method, the alias is a lot more exposed to spammers.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
MarkK

Just personal thinking... I don't see how using aliases is a lot more exposed to spammers? An email address in the hands of a spammer is an email address being misused, whether it points to Kerio Aliases or a Kerio Mail List.

I didn't even think of the Mailing List feature. That puts the management of the list in a more one-stop-spot, and offers a few extra features that Aliases don't. That is a better solution.
  •  
Charles B

MarkK wrote on Tue, 12 March 2013 13:57
... I don't see how using aliases is a lot more exposed to spammers? An email address in the hands of a spammer is an email address being misused, whether it points to Kerio Aliases or a Kerio Mail List.

Yeah, I probably should have qualified it with "In my opinion". But here's why I hold that opinion:

The mailing list has a few easily selectable options for non-members (read:spammers) posting to the list, denied, or requiring moderator approval. As such, you can set it up so that even if spammers start sending email to the list, it won't go through.

An alias just re-broadcasts any incoming message, including spam, to whatever is on the output side of it. It's not quite that simple, of course. It does have to make it through the spam filter, and you could probably write some custom spam filtering rules to protect your alias from external senders while still allowing external group members to send to the list.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
MarkK

I see what you are saying. I was assuming that the original poster is not going to know where the emails are coming from, and seeing how spam comes from just about any and every email address ever registered (or so it seems), I don't think that the mailing list would offer any benefit in that regard.

If the emails are coming from a set of specific addresses, then the mail list would block just about all spams from being forwarded.

Never thought about mailing lists in that way. Thanks. Spend more of my time reading the spam headers and adjusting the filters.
  •  
MarkK

One other thing about using a mailing list to do this is that each "mailing list" uses a Kerio license seat. So you have to make sure you have enough licenses to cover your users AND extra for the mailing lists.
  •  
emiko

Hi!

Sorry for my late reply and thanks a lot for your response.
I tried mail-aliases and it works...

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

MarkK wrote on Thu, 21 March 2013 00:43
One other thing about using a mailing list to do this is that each "mailing list" uses a Kerio license seat. So you have to make sure you have enough licenses to cover your users AND extra for the mailing lists.

Mailing lists are not counted in the license. https://www.kerio.com/support/software-maintenance#license-u ser-count

[Updated on: Thu, 21 March 2013 15:07]

•  
MarkK

Sorry, my mistake. I had thought that I read in the documentation that a mailing list used one of the license seats. Good to know that it does not.
Previous Topic: Invitations, delegations and assistants
Next Topic: Unwanted Mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 15:03:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00497 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.