Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » (8301) Antivirus plug-in error
  •  
Anonymous
Since Version 4350 of McAfeeVirusDefinitions i´m no longer able to update the virus definitions automatically by KWF.

Now i did a manual update by downloading the new files and replacing the older ones in the "mcafee"directory, just as discribed in the posts before mine.

The "update now"Button in KWF doesnt work an reports:
"(8301) Antivirus plug-in error: Cannot get file /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update2.ini from update.kerio.com" when pressed.

Now i´m up to date with the definitions but why isnt auto-update working any more?
  •  
Anonymous
KWF tells that last check was successfully performed 26 days ago! Hopefully, all the worms out there are on vacation Cool
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
CoolP wrote on Sat, 17 July 2004 14:30

Since Version [/u]4350[/u] of McAfeeVirusDefinitions i´m no longer able to update the virus definitions automatically by KWF.

Now i did a manual update by downloading the new files and replacing the older ones in the "mcafee"directory, just as discribed in the posts before mine.

"(8301) Antivirus plug-in error: Cannot get file /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update2.ini from update.kerio.com" when pressed.

Now i´m up to date with the definitions but why isnt auto-update working any more?

Do not use cracked version of KWF and updates will work fine. Your IP is blocked for updates.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Anonymous
So my DYNAMIC Ip is blocked... but only for Antivirus-Updates... because Im using a cracked version?

Do you think that other users in this forum have the same problems (in fact, there are some other posts concerning this "update" problem)?

Maybe we should create a poll, asking for registered-, trial- and cracked-users...

Sorry, seems strange to me and doesnt help anyways...
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

CoolP wrote on Sun, 18 July 2004 13:17

So my DYNAMIC Ip is blocked... but only for Antivirus-Updates... because Im using a cracked version?

Do you think that other users in this forum have the same problems (in fact, there are some other posts concerning this "update" problem)?

Maybe we should create a poll, asking for registered-, trial- and cracked-users...

Sorry, seems strange to me and doesnt help anyways...

And have you valid license ?

Petr Dobry
  •  
Anonymous
off course, otherwise KWF wont run or am i wrong?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

CoolP wrote on Sun, 18 July 2004 13:31

off course, otherwise KWF wont run or am i wrong?

Then send me to pedobry[at]kerio.com your license number and exact date and time when you tried to update McAfee, I'll try to find why updates don't work.

Petr Dobry
  •  
Anonymous
Just installed Symantecs Solution.... a TRIAL-Version.

Think they have a firewall-product too...
  •  
kidloco

CoolP wrote on Sat, 17 July 2004 14:30

Since Version [/u]4350[/u] of McAfeeVirusDefinitions i´m no longer able to update the virus definitions automatically by KWF.

HI, can you tell how can i update the mcafee av manually.. thanks.
now im using Symantec scan engine, but the trial only works for a month Sad
  •  
Anonymous
Shure... try searching for "antivirus update" in "kerio winroute firewall" and you will find the download link and explaination required.
  •  
kidloco

CoolP wrote on Wed, 21 July 2004 19:31

Shure... try searching for "antivirus update" in "kerio winroute firewall" and you will find the download link and explaination required.

I dont find anything Sad
Previous Topic: Why? Who can tell me?
Next Topic: Exposure of NAT'd Addresses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:12:35 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.