Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Cannot provision softphone
  •  
My IT Indy

Send a private message to this user
Keep in mind I've setup other SIP softphones and have had no trouble with them, but I cannot get the official one to work.

I followed the instructions on your setup pages and still get an authentication error when connecting the softphone

I get this in the error log:

[12/Mar/2013 14:17:06] asterisk[2003]: ERROR[2044]: chan_sip.c:15055 in register_verify_asterisk: 'UDP' is not a valid transport for '101'. we only use 'TLS'! ending call.

Then I see this in the Security logs:

[12/Mar/2013 14:17:06] Asterisk: Authentication failed from host X.X.X.X (uri:<sip:101<_at_>PBX.domain.com:5060>). Attempts: 3.

I know the username and password work as I'm entering them into the web interface and I can login just fine.

Also, another bug is if you want the screen to match what is shown in the instructions you have to delete the app on your iphone and reinstall it. If you are in Accounts and click the + sign, the screen is different and there's no URL field to put in the server address.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Let me ask a few questions:

Do you have Operator 2.1.0 final?
Did you create a softphone account under Provisioned phones > Softphones?
Inside Kerio Operator Softphone, are you entering your username/password in the login screen (see the inserted image) or are you trying to configure the account manually?

Vladimir

./fa/2945/0/

•  
My IT Indy

Vladimir, thanks for assisting me.

Yes.
Yes
Yes, I'm doing it from the login screen.

I can take the 3CX soft phone on the same iPhone and use the extension and password and bind it immediately. I cannot get this Operator softphone to work.

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 13 March 2013 06:15
Hi,

Let me ask a few questions:

Do you have Operator 2.1.0 final?
Did you create a softphone account under Provisioned phones > Softphones?
Inside Kerio Operator Softphone, are you entering your username/password in the login screen (see the inserted image) or are you trying to configure the account manually?

Vladimir

./fa/2945/0/

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

If you enter the same credentials that work for the end-user interface (MyPhone), the softphone will be auto-provisioned from Operator. The configuration we send to the phone requires SIP over TLS at all times. From the error messages you mention in the initial post, it looks like the TLS channel did not work and the softphone tried to use un-encrypted SIP over UDP.

Do you have the SSL certificate in Operator signed by a CA or did you disable the TLS check in the softphone's setup?
  •  
My IT Indy

I purchased a signed SSL cert yesterday before trying any of this. That works just fine.

I'm not sure why the softphone is trying to default to un-encrypted SIP, I haven't changed anything. In fact I just verified that it's checked to use TLS in the app.

One thing that might be of use, I have multiple extensions on my account. Would that cause a problem? I have 100 and 101, 100 is my desk phone, and the softphone is trying to register as 101.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You select the extension that will be auto-provisioned to the softphone in the Admin GUI under Provisioned phones > Softphones.
  •  
My IT Indy

Vladimir, I can see that extension 101 is checked so that looks correct. Still not working however.

Still get this:

asterisk[2003]: ERROR[2044]: chan_sip.c:15055 in register_verify_asterisk: 'UDP' is not a valid transport for '101'. we only use 'TLS'! ending call.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 March 2013 16:44]

-
My IT Indy
  •  
alainrussell

I'm seeing the same problems - errors I see are:

Error log:
[14/Mar/2013 15:43:15] asterisk[1923]: ERROR[2094]: chan_sip.c:15055 in register_verify_asterisk: 'UDP' is not a valid transport for '750'. we only use 'TLS'! ending call.

Warning log (lots of these as soon as I try and register the softphone)
[14/Mar/2013 16:02:08] asterisk[1923]: WARNING[13762]: tcptls.c:254 in handle_tcptls_connection: FILE * open failed!
[14/Mar/2013 16:02:15] asterisk[1923]: WARNING[13802]: tcptls.c:254 in handle_tcptls_connection: FILE * open failed!

I'm not seeing errors on the Security log though, username and password seem ok.

The softphone shows an error of:
Registration Error
Service Unavailable (503)
Reason: End of file
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Ryan,

The error "we only use 'TLS'" appears if a device tries to register an extension that has encryption enabled. Is it possible that some other client is trying to register? (You mentioned 3CX.) Did you leave the account in the softphone as provisioned from Operator or did you do some changes in it? Is the TCP port 5061 accessible on your Operator server?

Also, could you send us a packet dump? We will not be able to read the TLS traffic but at least we should be able to determine what is trying to register over the plain channel. Please do the following:

- switch off the softphone
- start the packet dump in Operator
- start the softphone, log in with your username and password
- wait for a minute or so
- stop the packet dump
- send it to me at vtoncar at kerio dot com

Thanks,
Vladimir

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Alain,

Could you send me packet dump as well?

Vladimir
  •  
ICT and Me

Vladimir,

Why we had to pay for the softphone? Even when resellers have NFR license!
Sorry to say but I don't gonna pay for a softphone when I can use 3CX softphone for free or simple use the SIP support in my android phone.
I think that the softphone must be free for Kerio Operator users.(Like VPN client etc.)
I am willing to test the softphone, but I don't pay for it.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
My IT Indy

Vladimir,

I created an entirely new extension for the softphone this morning and still get the same error. I will email you the packet dump.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Carlo,

The Kerio Operator Softphone is licensed under a white-label contract and Kerio pays royalties for it, that's why it comes at a price. If another softphone application meets your needs better, we are fine with that.
  •  
alainrussell

Thanks, have sent via email.
My IT Indy

Any update to this?

-
My IT Indy
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.5.0 Beta 1
Next Topic: auto attendant multi-language
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 16:25:29 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00536 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.