Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange ActiveSync becomes a paid service
  •  
catoxpress

Send a private message to this user
Anyone care to comment?
  •  
rsgooch

Why not implement an open source version of Active Sync? Z-Push is a nice implementation of push technology. I have used it with Zaraffa and it works pretty well. They are looking for back ends. Since MS has opened the protocol it makes sense to look at other options. While this does not really impact my clients so much mainly small users so $10-$20 a year is not a big hit. For users with 100+ users this is a major blow I am sure. Asking them to use imap, caldav and carddav is nice, but I can't imagine Kerio providing subsidies for the data increase for these users? Since Kerio Connect does utilize open source software in it's product, why not take a look at Z-push and build a back end for Connect. The tech is free and you can help improve Z-push and give back to the community.

MTCW
RSGooch
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

There is no "free" implementation of Exchange ActiveSync. Z-Push also uses this patented (licensed) technology. So it would not change anything.
  •  
zebby

Just my 2 cents...

EAS is a paid for bolt on for most other mailservers (IceWarp, MailEnable etc.) so if I'm honest I don't mind paying.

Having said that I am now evaluating the aforementioned IceWarp and MailEnable becuase with them, unlike Kerio, I'll only pay for the mailboxes I want EAS on making a cheaper option.
To force users to pay for EAS on every mailbox when you may only want it on a few is an idiotic decision.

It looks to me that sales and marketing have taken charge of Kerio which is very sad. Look at Workspace, it gets dropped for a cloud based version that nobody seems to want and the Kerio respose is to stick it's fingers in its ears and shout 'la la la'.

Connect is a really good product but Kerio's pricing policy is nuts and their apparant change in atitude towards their customers makes me nervous enough to look at the alternatives.
Previous Topic: IMAP migration tool
Next Topic: Lots of relay attempt from IP address 127.0.0.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 16 15:25:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.