Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Distinctive RIng (Cisco SPA)
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know how to enable distinctive ring for Cisco SPA series? I have found the only real option is to use the personal address book and add extensions that you want different ring tones for, but that doesnt quite do what I was hoping. I was hoping that calls from internal extensions would ring differently ...

Thanks!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

please have a look at page 180 of the Cisco Administration Guide. Basically all you need to do is write a ring script with a ring-tone-name equal to the appropriate alert-info string (see this KB article).

I was able to configure my SPA508G this way:
./fa/2948/0/

Best
Filip

•  
nhoague

Got it! I was expecting to see an operator-internal, but I figured I could just make a default ring tone for that since that would be the only condition not met.

Thanks!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Exactly. Great!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2013 16:29]

•  
nhoague

So one more thing, any idea how to download the config FROM the phone itself? I am trying to find the syntax to set ring tones via the config file so I can set all my phones to provision the same way. Or do you know the syntax for ring time provisioning?

Thanks.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I don't know how to download the config from the phone. I always do it by trial and error.

According to page 70 of the manual linked above, you can try something like "<Ring1 ua="na">n=warble;w=7;c=1</Ring1>".

Filip
  •  
nhoague

Who needs the manual when you are so resourceful? Smile

This works like a charm, thank you!
  •  
nhoague

Ok another anomaly ...

Here is my ring configurations:

<Ring1>n=Classic-4;w=3;c=4</Ring1>
<Ring2>n=Classic-2;w=3;c=2</Ring2>
<Ring3>n=Classic-3;w=3;c=3</Ring3>
<Ring4>n=Classic-4;w=3;c=4</Ring4>
<Ring5>n=operator-queue;w=2;c=3</Ring5>
<Ring6>n=Simple-2;w=2;c=2</Ring6>
<Ring7>n=Simple-3;w=2;c=3</Ring7>
<Ring8>n=Simple-4;w=2;c=4</Ring8>
<Ring9>n=operator-group;w=3;c=3</Ring9>
<Ring10>n=operator-external;w=4;c=1</Ring10>

Problem is, any phone call from external always rings 10, even if the caller dials the ring groups or the queue extension. When I dial a ring group or a queue extensions from internal it does work.

So basically, my ring group extension is 20. When I dal 20 from internal it rings 9 like it should. But when an external caller dials 20, it rings 10 which isn't my expected behavior.

Thoughts? Thanks!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Well, that looks like a mistake, I'll have a look at it. We should make operator-queue and operator-group override operator-external.

Thanks
Filip
  •  
jkovalick

Any comments on setting this up on Polycom phones?
  •  
  •  
nhoague

Hey there, so after configuring quite a few more phones these past days, I am rethinking my thought about "operator-internal."

Is it possible to build another distinctive ring called "operator-internal" for internal extension calls? While using the default ring tone slot 1 works, it has been a tedious task to figure out which call tone and pattern matches.

Thanks!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Well it should not be that difficult, but could you please explain why you need it? I thought having those three is enough. All other calls are expected to be internal and should use the default ring tone, e.g. the one you configure from the phone keyboard.

Filip
  •  
nhoague

Hi yes i'd be happy to explain. When I am configuring 30+ phones at a location, it is especially nice to use the built in Kerio provisioning. In the provisioning it would be really nice to have a "operator-internal" so instead of copying the default to ring tone 1 I would be able to just define any ring tone slot as operator-internal.

Going to the phones web admin, while it works, is tedious when doing alot of phones. Smile
nhoague

And to build on this ... I installed another operator yesterday and the customer has two external phone numbers. He wanted to know if it would be possible to have one of the lines ring differently on the phones ... I said not yet. haha

Here is what I propose. Have another distinctive ring description would have to match an external interface. Say I name one of my external interfaces "operator-line2" and then I can use that same description in the phones configuration for a certain ring tone?

Thanks!
Previous Topic: MyKerio alert for "Blocked IP Address" acknowledgment?
Next Topic: Buttons for external calling
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:55:11 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01639 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.