Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Increase Registration Time
  •  
Cusmar

Send a private message to this user
I have a functionnal Operator with two Providers.

With one, "freephonie" my Warning log is full of :

Got 423 Interval too brief for service 095xxx2<_at_>212.27.52.5, minimum is 1800 seconds

Is there any way to change registration time only for one particular interface ?

Also, from this Forum it seems this issue was fixed in version 1.1.1 ?

Since I upgraded from 8Beta to 8.0 RTM, warnings occur much often, every 180 sec with RTM, and was more like 1785 sec with beta ?

Thanks in advance
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Are you sure you are asking about Operator? (The current version is 2.1.0).
Operator will accept the registration time proposed by the provider's server if it is up to 3600 seconds.

Vladimir
  •  
Cusmar

Sorry for version I also upgraded my control to the new 8.0.0 and mixed numbers !!

I upgraded operator yesterday, it is now 2.1.0 build 1543.

Interval between warnings changed as I wrote yesterday, only versions were wrong !
it was too late !

Concerning issue, Operator should change by itselft its registration time interval ?

Marc
  •  
Cusmar

I just connected to Operator and noticed that interval between registrations are the same than they were before I updated last night.
operator was rebooted this night.
interval is a bit lower than the 1800 sec requested.
Following some warnings .
Regards
Marc
-----------------------------
Today Morning after night dayly shutdown

14/Mar/2013 09:57:40] asterisk[1284]: WARNING[1313]: chan_sip.c:20993 in handle_response_register: Got 423 Interval too brief for service 09xx<_at_>freephonie.net, minimum is 1800 seconds
[14/Mar/2013 10:27:26] asterisk[1284]: WARNING[1313]: chan_sip.c:20993 in handle_response_register: Got 423 Interval too brief for service 09xx<_at_>freephonie.net, minimum is 1800 seconds

Yesterday just after upgrade to RTM

[13/Mar/2013 23:22:44] asterisk[1284]: WARNING[1313]: chan_sip.c:20993 in handle_response_register: Got 423 Interval too brief for service 095xx<_at_>freephonie.net, minimum is 1800 seconds
[13/Mar/2013 23:23:16] asterisk[1284]: WARNING[1313]: chan_sip.c:20993 in handle_response_register: Got 423 Interval too brief for service 095xx<_at_>freephonie.net, minimum is 1800 seconds

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I'd recommend capturing the traffic using the packet sniffer and checking the dump using wireshark/ethereal. We've already seen a SIP provider who was sending a relatively short re-registration time in SIP responses but expected the clients to register much less often.
  •  
Cusmar

Hi Vladimir

attached is register traffic.

There was 29'45" (1785 sec) between 2 registrations attempts.
Freephonie replies min registration is 1800.
Why is control trying to register 15 sec to early ?

I hope you'll find informations in the file
Regards
Marc

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

This file does not show any problems. Operator tries to register with "Expires: 120" and Freephonie tells it to use 1800 seconds, using the "423 Interval too brief" response. Operator tries again with "Expires: 1800" and this second attempt is successful (Freephonies responds with 200 OK). This is all that's shown in the log.

Registering slightly ahead of the expiration time is a standard behavior and Freephonie should not complain about it.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Routing all calls through Standard Phone Interface?
Next Topic: Kerio Operator Box - Spare parts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 01:41:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.