Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » [SOLVED] Outgoing Caller ID w/ Multiple DIDs
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
I have three DIDs with my provider but I'd like to only show the main number as the caller ID number. How does Operator select the DID to pass? Is there any way of selecting which one is chosen?

[Updated on: Fri, 12 July 2013 17:31]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

Outgoing calls are routed according to same mapping table as incoming calls. This means that if you have inbound calls mapped like this...
555100 => 10
555101 => 11
555102 => 12
... then outbound calls from 12 will use callerid 555102. Calls from other extensions will use the first number (555100).

Changing this behavior is currently not possible, but it is planed for one of the future versions of Operator.

One could work around this by routing incoming calls to local extensions via speed dials, auto attendant, call queue, or a ring group. For example: 555102 => 612(speed dial) => 12. Outbound calls from 12 will then have callerid 555100.

Best
Filip
  •  
88fingerslukee

Is there any way of changing the order of the DIDs? Currently it orders them numerically. I need to be able to select which one sits at the top of the list.

The thing is, the main number does not ring to everybody right away, it rings to an Auto-Attendant scrip that rings to a ringing group. That ringing group only contains the initial phone answerers. If it rings to that group more than 20 seconds it then goes to a general ringing group that contains everybody.

It seems that the Caller ID being passed is still the first one at the top of the list and not the main number for those people that aren't in the first ringing group.

This really needs to be looked at. It's frustrating.
  •  
88fingerslukee

Is there any planned release that will have this configurable?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

We have a concept on how to re-implement call routing, but it is not planned for any specific version yet mostly because it is going to be very time consuming.

Please note that you can reorder the DID numbers to move the desired one to the top.
  •  
88fingerslukee

That's exactly the feature I've been looking for but I can't find how to do it.

Can you please provide instructions?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I hope we're talking about the same thing. You can do it just by editing the interface and rearranging the numbers in the "External Numbers" field.
  •  
88fingerslukee

Are you talking about editing the Outgoing interface?

the problem with that is all three of my DIDs are with the same provider. I can't change which one comes first. It's numerical.

I have the following numbers:

3XXXXXXXXX
6XXXXXXXXX
8XXXXXXXXX

they are all registered with the same provider therefore they are all under one Incoming Interface in Call Routing. I want the system to provide the middle number (beginning with 6) as the Caller ID number but the system will not do that.

I need a way of rearranging which number is presented first in the event there are multiple numbers registered.

Do you understand what I'm saying?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

You can edit the external SIP interface and and put the number starting with 6 as the first one in the 'External numbers' field. That way, the number starting with 6 will be used as the default Caller ID.

The rules for selecting the Caller ID are as follows:

* If the extension has an external number routed to it, use that external number.

* If the extension has no external number routed to it, use the default Caller ID.

Vladimir
  •  
88fingerslukee

Great, this worked!

My suggestion is to add this information to the window where you enter your external numbers. I doubt anybody knows about this except by accident. A simple addition to the blurb under the field would work. That or have the window look like a numbered list so you know which one is the default one?

Cheers,
Previous Topic: 3cx softphone
Next Topic: Paging Working for Some, some can't hear
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 11:02:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00520 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.