Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » "Forward incoming faxes to user" greyed out
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Using version 2.1.0.

"Forward incoming faxes to users's email address" is greyed out for all users. I can't select it.

I am sing Open Directory for authentication, and email addresses are populated automatically for users.

Please advise.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Jakub Viták (Kerio)

Dear, fischtech.

Please assign user to extension you want to use for incoming faxes.

If you have multiple registrations you have to edit parent number
and set it there - it has three phones in it's icon.

see http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/server-configurat ion-kerio-operator/configuring-multiple-registration-of-an-e xtension-906.html

Regards, Jakub Viták

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 17:01]

•  
fishtech

OK. thanks.

My misunderstanding... I was assuming that a single DID number > extension could be used for phone and fax for a user. They must be separate.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Jakub Viták (Kerio)

Just to be clear.

If you want use support for incoming faxes on your extension - you should have:

1) User is assigned user to extension.
2) User has configured e-mail address.
3) You have configured e-mail sending by SMTP or by Connect integration.

You could map any DID to your local extension which could receive faxes.

If you have multiple registrations - you will enable FAX detection for all your SIP accounts.
In example 10, 10p1, 10iphone etc.

For more please read article in link I have posted in my previous comment.

Regards, Jakub V.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2013 15:18]

•  
fishtech

OK.

I have multiple registrations and I was trying to set 509 (509) for receiving faxes, excluding my iPhone softphone on 509 (509p1).

I need to set ALL the 509 extns to receive faxes, at the 'top level' of the 509.

Many thanks,

ft.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

You cannot exclude any sip accounts from fax detection. The reason is pretty obvious, when you make a call you dial a number, not a sip account. As a result there is no way to differentiate between sip accounts in multiple registration.

Best
Filip
Previous Topic: routing outgoing calls
Next Topic: API polling
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 07:38:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.