Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Show Link not visible
  •  
cpanderson

Send a private message to this user
Just testing out release version of 2.1 and I don't see a Show Link menu item in the page's gear icon menu. Is this a bug?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2013 09:14]

•  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

Hello,

no, it is not a bug. We changed this functionality as a part of introducing the external sharing feature. Now, if you want to share the page with somebody who doesn't have account in your Workspace, click on the gear icon, go to Sharing, click into the Add users or groups input field, and click on the External users with link item. Then, you can see the link, you can set rights for users with this link, you can protect the link with password, and send the link via the Share button.

If you want to tell something about a page/space to somebody who has account in your Workspace, just comment to a page/space. The comment with a clickable link will be send to his/her email (if he/she has enabled the email notifications).

We believe this way is better for collaboration and hope you will like it.

Regards,

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
  •  
cpanderson

Ok, that's great. Just to confirm that, for example, if I create new content for my company and want my staff to know about it if they have sharing permissions on that page and I comment on the page then they will all get notified or ?
  •  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

In our knowledge base, we have two articles which explain how (email) notifications work:
Sending information on changes and comments in your favorite pages
How to use favorites and notifications in Kerio Workspace

From these two articles, you will learn all you need to know.

Regards,

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
  •  
cpanderson

This has been changed from something that was really simple to something more complex. If it's brand new content how would everyone have this in their favourites? It used to be easy to send out a link to anyone with the Send Link option.

So now I have to tell people to copy the url from their address bar and paste it in an email if they want to share a brand new page with the company. Workspace was supposed to help to promote creating content and this is going backwards not forwards.

When I upgrade 2.0.1 to 2.1 will the tutorial content be installed or is their another option to do that? When I installed the released version 2.1 on my local machine it had tutorial content from 2.0.1.

Sorry if this is all old news. If there's a central place I can read about all of this I'll gladly go there.
Previous Topic: Task List Notes
Next Topic: Kerio : What have you done???
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 11:19:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.