Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » User Access Policy (User Access Policy)
  •  
Ashish Chandrakar

Send a private message to this user
I want to configure that User can only receive mail in his/her ID and not able to send mail from that ID

How could be I configure this?
  •  
Vicky

Hi Ashish,

Are you asking if you can limit the user to only sending from their username as their email address and not having the ability to change their email address?

If this is the question then this is something that cannot really be done as all users have this ability from WebMail and supported email clients. You can list this as a suggestion via the 'Suggest Idea' button in the Web Admin.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Ashish Chandrakar

Hi Vicky,

Actually I have two kind of IDs...
1) User ID according to user name.
2) Departmental ID according to department.

and I want to restrict departmental ID to send mail. This ID receives only mail.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Ashish,

So you want to restrict the department email address from sending and only receive? I do not believe that this is really possible. Could you explain the problem in regards to email addresses and not ID's as I want to make sure I understand what you are trying to acheive.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Ashish Chandrakar

Actually users of respective departments are using departmental IDs for sending mails instead of their own IDs.
And it is not possible for me to delete or disable departmental IDs.

That's why I want to restrict departmental to send mails.
Previous Topic: Security log full of Spam entries?
Next Topic: multiple errors in log about mapi
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 05:12:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.