Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange IMAP Vs Exchange on Mac Mail (Which performs better )
  •  
ipadmin

Send a private message to this user
I have been testing the two account types Exchange and Exchange IMAP in Mail on Mac's running 10.7 and 10.8 and get mixed results on what i get access to on the server and performance.

I have my email account setup as Exchange IMAP and it runs very very slowly, which wouldn't be too bad if i didn't have a 2.5GHz i7 MBP with 8GB RAM. In addition to this is have to set up additional links to my address book and calendar using LDAP, calDAV and cardDAV so that the mail app looks up email addresses automatically, its a terrible configuration

In short what I need to work out is what account types to use to get the most out of the kerio server:
I need to sync with mail on the server so it can access all email from desktop and mobile devices.
I need to sync calendar and address books so all entries are accessible on desktop and mobile devices
I need mail to look up the global address book.

There must be a simple way to achieve maximum functionality i just haven't worked it out yet Confused
  •  
Vicky

Hello,

At the moment an 'Exchange' account from a Mac to Kerio Connect is currently not supported (I have amended this sentence due to a typo). The recommended settings are to use IMAP Exchange/CalDAV/CardDAV for Apple Mail, iCal and Address Book.

If you suffer from performance issues in Apple Mail then you may benefit from contacting technical support so that the problem can be debugged. I have found that the most common reason for slow performance is that the mailbox being accessed is too large (especially the Inbox).

I hope this helps,
Vicky

[Updated on: Wed, 01 May 2013 16:00]

•  
ipadmin

Hi Vicky, Thanks for your response its good to hear i have configured it right.

You hit the nail on the head with the size of the inbox as i have every email send and received since 15/1/07 Surprised

I do have support contract with with Kerio but need to save my "support tickets" for when i really have server issues.

how would i access the global address book using CardDAV and not LDAP?
  •  
Vicky

Hi,

As far as I know there is not a way to do this as Apple Mail does not give you the functionality yo use CardDAV. The only option is to configure LDAP as that is the only setting for addressing in the settings. This may be something worth google-ing as I would image someone may have found a way to do this.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: KOC offline not syncing all of the msgs in Outlook2010
Next Topic: Security log full of Spam entries?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 23:28:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.