Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Kerio : What have you done???
  •  
rvgulik

Send a private message to this user
Kerio, you have put us in a very difficult position and we are absolutely not happy about this.

Moving away from workspace (in this format) is probably the dumbest thing i could think of.
We are in the middle of deploying a 100 user base workspace solution and now you are telling us that we have to move to a cloud based solution instead of an on-premises solution.

No way! Our customer don't want to leave their data into a cloud solution because their data is way to sensitive to put this on a server in the U.S.A. and i can't blame them with whole Patriot Act going on overthere.

Now we have to start over again with a different on-premises solution, thank you for that!
Even i would never switch over to an cloud based solution, i want to be the owner of my own data.

I can't believe that we are the only company struggling with this.

I've seen the replies you are giving to people why you are doing this but those replies doesn't make any sense (well, at least 80% of them).
I recall a meeting i've had with one of your rep's about workspace and during that meeting it came clear that they where going to put more effort in the workspace product. At that time (beginning 2012) they where really excited about workspace and so where we.

I saw a reply of one of the technicians that it was impossible to create a on-premises solution because you have to update your product almost every week because of new features or bug fixes. I say B*LL S**T. If you would put that effort in your workspace product and listen to your customers you would have an even better product!! I know it comes all back to the earning model and what your board of directors want. Don't think about your current customers and move away from this solution, way to go Kerio!

If you think that you can't make enough money on workspace instead of samepage you should ask yourself a different question :
Are we working with the correct partners?
Do we have the right sales people?
Can we expand the product to make it even better?
and so on.

If you would put the time and money in those things mentioned you would have a great product.

I am looking forward to receive comments from Kerio.

Best Regards,

Robert van Gulik
  •  
BudDurland

Don't expect much of a reply other than "try SamePage, you'll like it!". Keep in mind though that just because support for KWS stops next january. doesn't mean the software will stop working.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
TCMMac

rvgulik,

We feel your pain. Many of us have voiced our displeasure with the move from KWP to SamePage.

http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/23834/0/45/

51 responses. We have multiple installations of Workspace, that will NOT be moving to SamePage. Be it data in the cloud issues, to cost issues for 50-100 user installations. SamePage is not the solution these companies want. Had they wanted SamePage features, they would have gone with any number of other providers BEFORE SamePage was announced (DropBox, Box.net, Google Drive, iBackup) Our users wanted a ON-PREM solution and thats why they chose Workspace.

SamePage may have ALOT of users, more than Workspace had, but those are not PAID USERS. I think Kerio will find that they are pouring money into SamePage and not make NEARLY as much as they could have from just regular Workspace renewals and new installs. I fully expect SamePage to raise rates in 6-8 months. Eventually they will just close SamePage, citing competition reasons.

If you are looking for a On-Prem replacement, a number of alternatives have been suggested.
http://forums.kerio.com/t/23929//

Otherwise, as BudDurland states, just cause support for Workspace stops in January, doesn't mean the software will stop working.
  •  
Machete

TCMMac wrote on Tue, 26 March 2013 19:08
rvgulik,

We feel your pain. Many of us have voiced our displeasure with the move from KWP to SamePage.

http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/23834/0/45/

51 responses.

And this doesn't include all the negative feedback given from the Beta-Testers in a the Beta-Testers forum.

TCMMac wrote on Tue, 26 March 2013 19:08

We have multiple installations of Workspace, that will NOT be moving to SamePage. Be it data in the cloud issues, to cost issues for 50-100 user installations. SamePage is not the solution these companies want. Had they wanted SamePage features, they would have gone with any number of other providers BEFORE SamePage was announced (DropBox, Box.net, Google Drive, iBackup) Our users wanted a ON-PREM solution and thats why they chose Workspace.

SamePage may have ALOT of users, more than Workspace had, but those are not PAID USERS. I think Kerio will find that they are pouring money into SamePage and not make NEARLY as much as they could have from just regular Workspace renewals and new installs. I fully expect SamePage to raise rates in 6-8 months. Eventually they will just close SamePage, citing competition reasons.

Well stated.
  •  
Machete

BudDurland wrote on Mon, 25 March 2013 18:40
Don't expect much of a reply other than "try SamePage, you'll like it!". Keep in mind though that just because support for KWS stops next january. doesn't mean the software will stop working.

Very true - however I only invested in Workspace knowing -well expecting- it's feature set would grow as the product continued to grow. It doesn't do all that I need it to now, and with the decision that's been made, it never will.
Previous Topic: Show Link not visible
Next Topic: Sharing events lists and tasks lists
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:30:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.