Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Server won't restart after domain change
  •  
jayventus

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I've just changed our primary domain name and now the Kerio Connect server won't restart, it hangs at starting/stopping then informs
me the service has crashed.
I get no other error, is there any log I can look to see what is causing this to fail?
It's really urgent so if there is anyone out there reading your help would be much appreciated.
I'm running Kerio Connect 7.3.3
Thanks,
Jason
  •  
jayventus

OK, so the rename didn't work and I've noticed that the DNS entry for our Kerio server had disappeared from our DNS server. The server is bound to our AD and the primary domain is the same name as our AD domain. We only wanted to change the email domain we're not changing our AD domain name. After reentering the DNS entry the mailserver has started and is running with the original name again. During the domain rename does KC try and do some dynamic DNS update does anybody know?
Thanks,
J.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Connect does not update DNS so it must be a configuration problem on your DNS.

Issues with domain rename are probably a known bug fixed in next Kerio Connect versions so this problem is very likely fixed by upgrading to newer product version.
  •  
jayventus

OK, that's good to know, thanks for that, I'll look at upgrading to KC 8.
Previous Topic: IAMP IDLE
Next Topic: Outlook 2011 detects mailbox has changed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 07:35:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.