Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » HTTP Policy not blocking GMAIL - 8.0.0 build 551 ([Solved])
  •  
Roger_cwb

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I´m using the new Kerio Control 8.0.0 build 551 (Hyper-V) and I have a rule to block by Webfilter, Web Mail and other things, its enabled to block SSL connections too, because I need to block GMAIL.

Below a image of my rules:

i.imgur.com/ngXVtBF.jpg

The rule is DENY, but in the Filter Log what show is DROP and GMAIL still working, what is more weird is that for other things its blocking correct, like Facebook even in SSL.

[25/Mar/2013 09:15:43] DROP URL 'Web Filter - Bloqueio' HTTPS CONNECT gmail.com
[25/Mar/2013 09:15:43] DROP URL 'Web Filter - Bloqueio' HTTPS CONNECT accounts.youtube.com
[25/Mar/2013 09:15:49] DROP URL 'Web Filter - Bloqueio' HTTPS CONNECT accounts.youtube.com
[25/Mar/2013 09:38:48] DROP URL 'Web Filter - Bloqueio' HTTPS CONNECT www.facebook.com
[25/Mar/2013 09:38:49] DROP URL 'Web Filter - Bloqueio' HTTPS CONNECT www.facebook.com

What I´m doing wrong?
---------------------------------------

EDIT:

Ok, I discover myself what was the problem.

There is a default rule in HTTP Policy "Allow popular search engines" and Google is there, so you block GMAIL but one rule above allow google.com.

I just disabled google.com in URL Groups | Search engines and put some google with wildcards (*.google.??/*, google.??, *.google.co*.??/*, google.com.??).

Now Gmail is blocked but google.com and other services from Google are not.

ps.: sorry about the bad english

[Updated on: Mon, 25 March 2013 19:16]

[]s
Roger
Curitiba - PR - Brasil
Previous Topic: Kerio Control Appliance support SAS HDD 15K
Next Topic: How Connect Kerion control auth to Ext radius server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 04:48:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00374 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.