Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 10.8.3 mountain lion, cant reply to emails
  •  
robfoster

Send a private message to this user
I have to say that ive limped along with this system for a number of years, i would be very open to suggestion of how to make this a proper system, im pretty sure this was'nt done to avoid any licensing costs, it was just done so everyone could have access to everything, and say if someone was off ill then nothing would get missed.
  •  
clan

Have you checked the mail log? That should at least clarify wether the mails even reached Connect.
A cleaner setup that feels a bit like what you are doing now would probably involve a public folder with read-write permissions for everyone allowed to access it.
  •  
robfoster

It doesnt trigger anything in the mail log, as it doesnt even get to the point where it opens the reply window. A public folder sounds very interesting, ill look into that, thanks
  •  
mpermann

Maybe Apple made some changes to the Mail app. I assume you are using the built in Apple Mail application since you say you are using IMAP. What happens if you log into the web interface and try and respond from there? Do you get a different result?
  •  
chrisrosa

Quote:
I have to say that ive limped along with this system for a number of years, i would be very open to suggestion of how to make this a proper system, im pretty sure this was'nt done to avoid any licensing costs, it was just done so everyone could have access to everything, and say if someone was off ill then nothing would get missed.

Sounds like a good case to use a shared public mail folder.

As an admin, create a mail folder in the public folders section. Either one, or one each for the aliases you need. Share the folder(s) with the users. Configure the aliases to deliver to the public folder(s).

The messages only have one read/unread state, so if one user reads a message, the message will be marked as read for everyone. I typically create subfolders for management ("done", "active", etc.).
  •  
robfoster

I cant seem to access webmail, as soon as i can ill give it a go
  •  
robfoster

chrisrosa wrote on Mon, 01 April 2013 22:56
Quote:

Sounds like a good case to use a shared public mail folder.

As an admin, create a mail folder in the public folders section. Either one, or one each for the aliases you need. Share the folder(s) with the users. Configure the aliases to deliver to the public folder(s).

The messages only have one read/unread state, so if one user reads a message, the message will be marked as read for everyone. I typically create subfolders for management ("done", "active", etc.).

This seems to be the way to go, thanks for the input
Previous Topic: setting+editing public folder permissions
Next Topic: Public Folders missing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 23:20:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00503 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.