Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailing Lists : Ways to Pre-populate?
  •  
innuit12

Send a private message to this user
I'm in the process of moving off of a Sendmail server to KerioMail.
The current email server has over 200 Mailing Lists with several hundred users in each list.

I know that users can self subscribe to these lists - but I've been directed to try and pre-populate them.

I've looked through the Admin GUI and the file structure and haven't found a way to add more than one user at a time.

Is there a way to script the creation of Mailing Lists and List membership in KerioMail?

If not, is there a config file hidden somewhere that I could cut and paste membership info to?

Thanks.

•  
jshaw541

It's easy, add full email addresses to the "members" file of the particular list you wish to add users to. The format is one email address per line (with an optional semicolon and full name tagged on):

jdoe<at>foo.com
msmith<at>foo.com
djones<at>foo.com;Dave Jones
jsmith<at>aol.com;Jane Smith

and so on...

Rough, non-working Perl(-esque) code:

open INFILE, "<old_mail_lists_or_some_other_source";

open OUTFILE, ">blahblah\lists\foolist\members";

while(<FILE>)
{
    # $_ should already have a "\n" tagged
    # on the end of it, if not, add one
    $email_address = $_;
    print OUTFILE "$email_address\n";
}

or from an array or something:

<at>array = ( "foo", "bar");

while( shift <at>array)
{
    print OUTFILE "$email_address\n";
}

hope that helps

innuit12 wrote on Tue, 20 July 2004 10:08

I'm in the process of moving off of a Sendmail server to KerioMail.
The current email server has over 200 Mailing Lists with several hundred users in each list.

I know that users can self subscribe to these lists - but I've been directed to try and pre-populate them.

I've looked through the Admin GUI and the file structure and haven't found a way to add more than one user at a time.

Is there a way to script the creation of Mailing Lists and List membership in KerioMail?

If not, is there a config file hidden somewhere that I could cut and paste membership info to?

Thanks.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
innuit12

Thanks! That did the trick.

I wasn't seeing the members file since I hadn't populated it.
Once I added a member I found it in the following path:
C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\store\lists\<domain>

Time to start cuttin and pastin. :-)
Previous Topic: KOC in MS Outlook XP
Next Topic: beta download
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 12:00:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00887 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.