Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail going into Spam mailbox (Mail marked by McAfee SaaS as spam going into user's spam mailbox)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
We just moved from Postini to McAfee SaaS for spam filtering. We hit a problem today that is related to Kerio Connect 7.4.3.

If an e-mail is blocked by McAfee as spam and the user releases it from the McAfee quarantine, it does not get delivered to their inbox. It is delivered instead to the spam mailbox set up by KC.

In KC admin the spam filter is turned off. However, in each user's mail rules KC set up a spam rule that cannot be turned off or modified. I am wondering how to nuke this rule. If one of my staff releases an e-mail from quarantine they do not want it going into their junk mail folder, they want it in their inbox.

They use the Apple Mail.app mail client and junkmail is turned off and they are not running any rules. And the mail ends up in the Junk mail folder set up by Kerio, so I assume that KC needs to be changed.
  •  
camisy

how's spam being marked? Did you check the header?

And why do you use another spam gateway? Aren't all anti spam methods in Kerio connect, like Blacklists, Greylisting, Beyes, SpamAssassin and Spam Repellent sufficient?
  •  
pchernoff

I talked with McAfee support and while they put some info in the mail header they say it wasn't intended to be used by mail servers.
I'll have to look at a raw header later.

I don't have Kerio check for spam. I use a service because I want the spam stopped before it starts clogging up my office's Internet connection. Rather not have the load on my mail server.
  •  
camisy

I don't know your setup but maybe you should give connect anti spam a try to see if it is sufficient for your needs? There is rarely any other MTA with such good features on the market. I have it running on a 2 GHz, 1 GB Ram VM and 5 users as MX with no performance issues.
  •  
pchernoff

Found the solution. If I log into the web interface I select Settings and from the window that comes up click on the Spam tab and then uncheck "Move Spam to the Junk E-Mail Folder"
Previous Topic: outlook 2003 Kerio 8 Public contacts issue
Next Topic: Over the threshold, but not marked as spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:08:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.