Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Raise your voice for Kerio Workspace (Raise your voice for Kerio Workspace)
  •  
ashishchamoli

Send a private message to this user
Well, many Kerio Resellers and Workspace owners are still hoping that Kerio will soon be coming out with the news that Kerio Workspace will continue along with Samepage. We seem to have reached to a point where we have to finally quantify as to how many stakeholders are actually interested using Workspace in longer run.

In order to sum up and to put an end to several discussions on Samepage vs Workspace that are going on in a scattered manner, let's make this thread to act as barometer for Kerio to gauging the dire need for Kerio Workspace.

Please raise your voice (if you want Kerio to continue working on Kerio Workspace) in the form of reply to this thread.

Best,

Ashish Chamoli
Eximprise Technologies Private Limited
New Delhi, India
  •  
Machete

I support this effort, however most logical people would think Kerio already knows from all the negative forum threads both private and public as well as direct feedback from customers and re-sellers that we'd all love to have Kerio re-think their decision on Workspace.

If Kerio isn't aware from sources I listed above, just look at the User Voice for SamePage:
- #1 requested feature? On-Premise solution. 288 votes (just shy of 100 users if they all applied 3 votes)
- #2 requested feature? On-Premise solution. 60 votes
- 3rd most requested feature? OD/AD Integration 50 votes (or LDAP sync - a feature Workspace already has)

However, nothing has been done or said to give any indication that they'd go back to supporting and developing Workspace.

What Kerio doesn't seem to understand, is it's not the Samepage product we don't like - the off-premise platform is why we won't pay for/use it.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 March 2013 20:37]

•  
Anonymous
I am fully satisfied with Kerio, and I am in support of you all.
  •  
TCMMac

As a partner, we have at least 6 installations of Workspace that will NOT be moving to Samepage! Average user count is 40 users per installation.

Thats at least 240 users of Workspace, that would be renewing every year, but alas cannot. This is direct lost revenue to Kerio. On-Prem is what these people want, not cloud.

Speaking of cloud, Egnyte is $1200 less a year for 10 users/1TB of space than the same for Samepage. With all the different Cloud based solutions, and cost savings / features that blow Samepage out of the water, I feel Samepage will be EOL in less than 3 years.
  •  
antaeus

We use Kerio Workspace for secure communication within our company. The Workspace server is behind our firewall and multiple layers of protection. The departments use workspace to share financial documents with principals. We cannot go with samepage, because its security is out of our control. Our principals will never agree on being victims of drive-by attack(just because, someone attacks your servers). We really prefer to have it installed on our internal cloud.
  •  
Fabian Scholz

As Reseller of Kerio would like that Workspace is developed in the further!
  •  
dave0

We are internally running workspace with 100 users.
SInce the EOL announcement we have had 3 opportunities to sell workspace all these customers were about 40 users(each), but we had to turn them down !

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2013 08:04]

•  
ankithemonki

We have 110 workspace license and have been using this product since the original beta test. the reason for us to use this product is the offline solution where we can have our own servers internally hosting this.

We are located in a remote area with poor bandwidth connectivity. There is no way for us to use samepage. further the amount of data we store is very large since all our engineering dwgs and reviews happen through workspace. Samepage becomes very expensive with all the additional storage cost.

I hope someone at Kerio is reading this forum and realise the mistake they are making. as an option to reduce their cost Workspace can be offered only on a single platform (eg windows only)

•  
BFL

Today i've used my last 50th's license for a user from our growing company... It's hard to say but i need more, but i can't buy them.. Looking for alternative, but it's hard, really hard...

Kerio Control, Connect, Workspace[R.I.P.] (~150 users each) Admin/User
  •  
BFL

I can't use Workspace feed of UserVoice (i don't know why), but i totally agree with making a line of On-Premise solution. I have a lot of suggestions for Workspace. But I already have no hope for it...

[Updated on: Wed, 17 July 2013 09:07]

Kerio Control, Connect, Workspace[R.I.P.] (~150 users each) Admin/User
  •  
Machete

BFL wrote on Wed, 17 July 2013 02:58
Today i've used my last 50th's license for a user from our growing company... It's hard to say but i need more, but i can't buy them.. Looking for alternative, but it's hard, really hard...

The impression I have gotten is I think if you contact Customer Support at Kerio, they can help you with the license issue.

In regards to finding a replacement, I've looked at probably 15-20 different products out there. The closest options I can find are Linux based and the Windows options are extremely more complex or missing a large amount of features that Workspace offers.

While I see benefits and scenarios for Cloud solutions like Samepage, there's a market Kerio was serving and left in the cold.
  •  
mkren

BFL wrote on Tue, 16 July 2013 23:58

We offer a free migration to Samepage with very favorably discounts for our loyal Workspace customers. However, if you wish to keep using Workspace, please contact your partner or Kerio directly to get additional users at no charge. You can contact me directly as well.

Mirek Kren | Vice President, Worldwide Sales | Kerio
  •  
ankithemonki

I have requested earlier and urge Kerio to relook at workspace. the offline version is extremely important in industrial scenarios where there are bandwidth constraints, requirements from customers on information to be stored on site.

we use workspace for all our engineering document collaboration and we do not have good internet connectivity or bandwidth. the only options is to use workspace and not samepage.

Reqeusting Kerio to re consider the decision of discontinuing workspace.
  •  
Schulmeister

In times, where Secret Services store every data sent to the cloud, the need for a secure company communication is greater than ever.

I'm a big fan of Kerio, but canceling WS wasn't their brightest hour.

I sincerely hope that we'll see a relaunch of WS but if you do that please do it with higher pricing.
The same prices like Connect would be ok.

Any way....keep up the good work.

Cheers
artist99

Previous Topic: Preview of new files not working: Issues when moving to a new server
Next Topic: Browser Warning after upgrading to Safari 7.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Jun 28 19:45:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00558 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.