Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » configure kerio softphone for android manually
  •  
lark

Send a private message to this user
Hi

This is a statement by Kerio's global PT manager ( Tue, 12 March 2013 00:00 [message #100091] ):

"The Kerio Operator Softphone is available from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for $8.99. It is designed to work with not only the Kerio Operator IP PBX or any other SIP based VoIP service."

Well, we got it from the PlayStore, but have not been able so far, to get it to connect to an arbitrary SIP-provider - we simply wouldn't get past the 'Provisioning-URL'. We want to use the Kerio Softphone the same as we use Acrobits' Groundwire or Softphone.

I've searched all over, but couldn't find neither a Kerio manual nor any other description.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Sam

[Updated on: Sat, 30 March 2013 10:50]

•  
Vicky

Hi Sam,

We do have a KB article to help with getting the Kerio Operator softphone to work:

http://kb.kerio.com/1320

Not sure if you have seen the above article but go through it and see if this helps with getting your softphone setup.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
lark

Hi Vicky,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

And: Yes, I've seen that KB entry.
Unfortunately, it doesn't tell how you can configure the softphone without a provisioning URL.
That's the point: I need to configure a non-Kerio provider.
I'd like Kerio to post a manual for the softphone, that'd be the easiest and most efficient answer, wouldn't it?

Cheers,
Sam
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

If you need to configure, you need to skip the provisioning login screen. Kerio Operator Softphone is a white-labeled Bria, so the Bria's manual applies to it.

Vladimir
  •  
lark

Thanks Vladimir, for pointing Bria out to me and as well for the link.
Unfortunately this didn't help either: I simply don't reach the point where it connects to the account.... it tries for a long time and then, times out.
The manual doesn't correspond to the Kerio-labeled version of this software. Furthermore, I tend to think that it might be broken for usage of non-Kerio SIP-accounts.
Although, I must say, that in the meantime, I've got a Kerio Operator server set-up and am able to connect to those account using all sorts of different clients (iPhone, Android, Mac, ... ) but NOT with Kerio Softphone.
I'm really at a loss here and also very much frustrated.
Nothing goes together, no current documentation, no real help - what a drag!

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What is the network connection between Operator and the softphone? Wifi? 3G? Any firewall in between the two?

When connecting Kerio Softphone to Operator, are you using the softphone autoprovisioning or are you configuring it manually?

Vladimir

[Updated on: Tue, 30 April 2013 13:32]

•  
lark

Hello Vladimir

and thank you.

The firewalled environment is WiFi - no problem with a lot of other softphones for iPhone, Android, Mac, ....
I was trying to get 2 different scenarios to setup:
- auto provisioning
- manual setup

For the first one, I don't know what needs to be done on the Operator and also I don't know the correct URL.
The second simply doesn't work. The account never connects and I always get this Login-Screen.

Sam
Previous Topic: Voicemail greetings - reset by extension
Next Topic: SIP Interface sip server option?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:48:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.