Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » old messages in iOS persist (messages 4 months old still showing in Mail app)
  •  
Machete

Send a private message to this user
I have a user (of course the owner) with the original iPad on iOS 5.x (whatever is the last release available for that platform)

There are messages in his Mail app from 4 months ago and the settings for the Mail app are set to show 200 recent messages and Mail Days to Sync is set to 1 week.

If I try to delete a message, I simply get an error from the app that says it can't be removed from the server.

I have other iPads and iPhones within the company that don't have this problem. I was going to just delete the profile from the device and then reconfig it, but thought I should check and see if anyone knew what was going on or if there's some reset I can do from the admin interface?

KMS version is 8.0.2 and it was happening while we were on v7.4.3
  •  
Machete

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

There was an issue in version 7.4.3 causing that some messages were not deleted from the iphone due to a bad timing of synchronization requests. It is fixed in Connect 8.0.
Unfortunately, for removing old messages from the device a new account has to be created on the phone.
  •  
Machete

Thanks Pavel -

I thought about this, really it shouldn't be too bad since contacts and mail all sync with Kerio. Delete the profile and using the setup mobile device link on the webmail page, it should be easy right?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes. It is straightforward. Just choose from EAS or CalDAV/CardDAV account type and download correct auto-config profile.
Previous Topic: activesync not licences?
Next Topic: Folders to sync in new webmail?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 00:02:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.