Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio volume allocation unit size
  •  
colineos

Send a private message to this user
I am just wondering if there are any specific requirements for volumes that hold the kerio mail store?

If I was installing Exchange or SQL, I would format the volumes that hold the database and logs with an allocation unit size of 64k. Is this applicable to Kerio?

Thank for your help in advance...
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Since Connect stores emails in single files, it's more recommended to use smaller allocation units like 4k.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
colineos

thank you very much for your prompt response.

if I may ask another question on the same thread. after creating a user account in active directory and then a mailbox using the kerio task in ad, how long should it take for the user to be able to log in?

I have created two users in ad. I can see their listings in the address book and can even send them mail. I am unable to log in with their details using web mail or outlook...

is there some kind of latency when kerio is trying to sync with AD?
  •  
colineos

the issue has been solved. I had the wrong domain specified.
Previous Topic: setting+editing public folder permissions
Next Topic: Office 365 to Connect migration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:46:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.