Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Permitting P2P access
  •  
buksida

Send a private message to this user
I am Administrator for our Firewall at work and need to permit P2P access for programs such as WinMX and Kazaa Lite. I have contacted the ISP who says they block nothing so it must be the firewall thats blocking me. Heres what I've tried using the Kerio Administration Console Version 1.2.0:

Traffic Policy - Add new rule
Source - My IP address
Destination - Any
Service - All TCP and UDP ports used by program
Action - Permit

But the firewall still wont let me connect using these programs. They all work fine on dialup when the firewall is disabled. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  •  
gert

Send a private message to this user
Pretty much all P2P software require the use of listening ports to function optimally so you need to set up some rules for allowing incoming connections to those ports.
Previous Topic: Exposure of NAT'd Addresses
Next Topic: FTP Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 15:51:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00346 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.