Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Jitsi and LDAP configuration (Configure Jitsi softphone to synch with Kerio Ldap)
  •  
admin@soft-impact.com

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone,

Im trying to configure jitsi softphone to be able to retrieve Contact sources using ldap configuration.
I already manage to configure other ldap systems like DC gmail etc..

But in my case i need to integrate Kerio contacts on Jitsi ...

Jitsi has an LDAP configuration under Options>Advanced> Contact sources>Ldap configuration
and you can setup
Server Name: Any name
Hostname: localhostname/ip
Port:636 or 389
Search Base:
Scope: Sub tree
Authentication: None/Simple
username: username/email
pass: ****

Services on kerio are running both LDAP and Secure LDAP (no limit access)

I tried various options and it doesnt work ..
Can anyone test and let me know how...

ps: configuring ldapadmin on my pc i could see the contacts in an ldap confiration

SOFTimpact LTD
www.soft-impact.com
  •  
admin@soft-impact.com

Update ...
I manage to configure the address book on thunderbird ... with Search filter objectclass=*

But what are the fields that are required to get mail field, mail suffix, workphone mobile phone or home phone

SOFTimpact LTD
www.soft-impact.com
  •  
Vicky

Hi,

The Kerio LDAP server is a bit limited. When you do a LDAP search against Kerio you can only get the email address and Full name. We have a suggestion on file to make the other fields searchable.

So unfortunately you may not be able to get all the data you need via an LDAP search against Kerio.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
admin@soft-impact.com

Hi Vicky,

When i configure thunderbird to get Address book though i can search by Name and last name and i can see other fields like Organization, mobile, work phone etc...

The search filter on thunderbird is (objectclass=*) ... even though on jitsi client shows Mail fields = mail uid
Work phone fields =telephoneNumber primaryPhone companyPhone otherTelephone tel
Mobile phone fields =mobilePhone mobileTelephoneNumber mobileTelephoneNumber mobileTelephoneNumber carPhone
home phone fields = homePhone otherHomePhone .

is there any field located in kerio ldap to be able to make the search from jitsi ?
or any other solution that i can merge this 2 software's since both support ldap.

Thank you

SOFTimpact LTD
www.soft-impact.com
  •  
Matt S

I'm trying to get this working and also having no luck. It doesn't matter what I search against, I get no results.
  •  
Matt S

Did anybody get this to work. I don't know enough about ldap but it looks like a sensible query hits the server, but the server doesn't return anything.
Previous Topic: Email signature
Next Topic: Out Of Office & Redirect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:21:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.