Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » rename domain name and calendar events (what to do with old calendar events)
  •  
nixIT

Send a private message to this user
Our company is changing it's domain next week. I've experimented with changing the domain within Kerio Connect, pretty simple and straight forward. What I'm concerned with is this warning from the online manual:

--------------
Any calendar events created before renaming will not be available for editing or removing after application of the new name.
--------------

What is the best recommendation on how to handle these events? Our users constantly change calendar events, and I'd like to make it as painless as possible.

EDIT, my testing with outlook 2011 doesn't allow me to clear the cache, just tells me that the email cannot be found. do I need to completely set up my OS X users from scratch? I did not see a clear cache option.

--nixIT

[Updated on: Thu, 04 April 2013 20:49]

•  
Silverstar

Any news on that?

How to work around the uneditable calendar events?

Greetz
Silverstar
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hi Silverstar,

I see that there has been a support ticket raised and answered for this.

Just a thought for a possible workaround, would be to set the old domain as a local domain in Kerio (The new domain would be the primary domain). Then setup one user under this old domain.

Any new or changed events would be entered as such under the new domain, and you could log in under the old domain and delete the old event.

Not ideal - and it will use up an additional user license, but a workaround?

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
pieter

Neil,

What was the answer in the supportticket? (I could nog find an option on the kerio site for browsing tickets... did i miss it?)

As my company is also moving to another domain i'm looking into this problem. Is there any way to preserve the calendar "owner" information.
I only have about 20 accounts te process so maybe a manual move per user to the new account?

What is the best way to proceed.
  •  
gbrown100

Hi,

Sorry to respond to an old post but I think I have the answer for this. My client has around 80 users and all use calendars extensively. Leaving them read only was not an option.

I used a program called Text Crawler from Digital Volcano. That allowed me to select every users Calendar folder and do a search and replace for old domain and new domain in the .eml files. I did this whilst Connect was stopped, started it then rebuilt all users index from the admin screen. Just for good measure I restarted Connect again.

This appears to have made all of the meetings and appointments back with the correct owner again.

I guess in Linux world you could create some sort of script for this too.

Graham
Previous Topic: Notes Issue with Windows 8 Calendar App
Next Topic: Questions regarding DNS Lookups
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 30 10:51:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01044 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.