Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delivery from outside rejected (Disk crash, full restore, but new incoming email rejected)
  •  
oregonbob

Send a private message to this user
I had a disk crash on on a Kerio 7.43 mail server. I needed to replace quick so I chose to install the Kerio Connect Virtual Machine on a VMware workstation. That all appears to have gone just fine.

Then I did a FULL restore of Kerio backup and that completed successfully.

Now when I send email to that site from an outside source such as a gmail account it is all rejected and this error is sent back to sender:

The original message was received at Thu, 4 Apr 2013 16:22:42 -0400
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<malcolm<_at_>lion.mydomain.com>
(reason: 550 5.7.1 Relaying to <malcolm<_at_>mydomain.com> denied (authentication required))

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mydomain.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 Relaying to <malcolm<_at_>mydomain.com> denied (authentication required)
550 5.1.1 <malcolm<_at_>mydomain.com>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.5.1 Need RCPT (recipient)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; malcolm<_at_>mydomain.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mydomain.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Relaying to <malcolm<_at_>mydomain.com> denied (authentication required)
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 16:22:43 -0400
--------------------------------------------------------
User malcolm is a legit user on the domain who should receive email.

•  
oregonbob

Send a private message to this user
I solved this. The problem was that the setting in Kerio admin for "internet host name" did not match the DNS record for that server.

Apparently Kerio rejected incoming and then reported the wrong error message.
Previous Topic: Office 365 to Connect migration
Next Topic: No Spam Button Send Message to Wrong Folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 11:07:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.