Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 8.1 and outlook 2011 (high priority)
  •  
chaletart

Send a private message to this user
No, the issue is still happening.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Please if you are able to reproduce this problem, send us the logs requested (http://kb.kerio.com/article.php?id=1053). Thank you.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
chaletart

Submitted a bug with attached Office Log.

I did make the mistake of replying to an Apple Mail response without deselecting high priority.... but, you should have a few good high priority bugs in there....
  •  
sfpete

Office 2011 (14.3.5) was released yesterday.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2848689

Release notes state:

Mail flags are broken in 14.3.4 for IMAP in Microsoft Outlook for Mac
Fixes an issue that affects IMAP-based email accounts in which the flagged or starred state of a message was not set correctly.

This doesn't seem to be *exactly* alike - but awfully similar. Anyone able to confirm or deny this is the issue we are seeing in this thread?

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

I can see 2 threads of communication in the log:
  1. Messages with subject "Friday reminder": sent originaly by Outlook, already as high-prio mail (X-Priority: 1); this must be already reply to some e-mail, because Outlook uses X-Priority: 2 for new high-priority messages. Message is downloaded back to Outlook, probably to "Sent Items", again as high-prio. This message should be always and everywhere (also in recipient's e-mail client) displayed as high-prio.
  2. Messages with subject "test": sent from Outlook with normal prio (no X-Priority header), downloaded back with normal prio (header X-Priority: 3 and Importance: Normal). Replied by arturo, using AppleMail as normal prio (X-Priority: 3, no Importance header). This thread should be everywhere displayed as normal message.

Can you describe which messages were marked as high-prio in the clients?
What type of account is used in Apple Mail (IMAP, POP, Exchange)?

I made the test with Outlook 14.3.2 (EWS account) and Apple Mail 5.3 (IMAP account) and everything works as expected.

Pavel Špalek
  •  
dveight

We seem to be experiencing a similar thing here.

We have a few users who insist on Outlook for Mac 2011 and are experiencing the same symptoms.

We are running Kerio Connect 8.1.1 (1374) and Outlook version 14.3.5.

Repeatable results that I have are.

Setup User-1 email in Outlook as Exchange account and send a Normal priority email to User-2.
User-2 replies from Apple Mail and User-1 receives the message marked High priority.
User-2 replies from Outlook for Mac and User-1 receives the message marked Normal priority.

Setup User-1 email in IMAP account and send a Normal priority email to User-2.
User-2 replies from Apple Mail and User-1 receives the message marked Normal priority.
User-2 replies from Outlook for Mac and User-1 receives the message marked Normal priority.

Worth noting is that the first reply message that is showing in the Outlook Account with a High priority, is showing in the IMAP account with a Normal priority.

If I:

Setup User-1 email in Outlook as Exchange account and send a High priority email to User-2.
User-2 replies from Apple Mail and User-1 receives the message marked High priority.
User-2 replies from Outlook for Mac and User-1 receives the message marked High priority.
If:
User-2 replies from Apple Mail to this High priority email and changes the priority to Normal, User-1 receives the message marked Normal priority.
User-2 replies from Outlook to this High priority email and changes the priority to Normal, User-1 receives the message marked Normal priority.

If I:

Setup User-1 email in IMAP account and send a Normal priority email to User-2.
User-2 replies from Outlook for Mac and User-1 receives the message marked High priority.
If:
User-2 replies from Apple Mail to this High priority email and changes the priority to Normal, User-1 receives the message marked Normal priority.
User-2 replies from Outlook to this High priority email and changes the priority to Normal, User-1 receives the message marked Normal priority.

On further inspection... If you send a low priority message from Outlook Exchange account is show up in Apple Mail as High Priority - the reply comes back as High Priority.

If you send a low priority message from Outlook IMAP account is show up in Apple Mail as low Priority - the reply comes back as Low Priority... BUT this same reply shows up in the Exchange account with a High Priority.

There is a real disconnect going on with how Kerio Connect Exchange accounts handle email flags.
  •  
chaletart

yes, this is a problem with KerioConnect...regardless of what Pavel posted. This was a non issue prior to 8 and 8.1.

I have both submitted a bug via their beta testing as well as here and all they post back that they don't see anything wrong.

In regards to raised prices, charging for support regardless of subscription AND not taking bugs seriously... this might be a red flag that it is time to look at other options. I certainly cannot call in to report this or find a workaround...because they want money more than to help customers with problems they have created.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

I've never said this is not Connect problem, but there can be problem in Outlook, Connect or Apple Mail and I just cannot reproduce such behaviour. I tried the first scenario described by dveight with no success:
"Setup User-1 email in Outlook as Exchange account and send a Normal priority email to User-2. User-2 replies from Apple Mail and User-1 receives the message marked High priority."
So please let's focus on this scenario.
I expect User-2 has IMAP account in Apple Mail (not Exchange IMAP or Exchange).
Please do this:
- enable logging in Outlook
- send normal message to User-2
- is incoming message in Apple Mail marked as high-prio?
- reply from Apple Mail (no manual change of priority)
- wait for the reply to be synchronized to the Outlook
- stop Outlook logging
- send me Outlook log
- add the .eml files from message store (both from User-1 Inbox and User-2 Inbox and Sent Items)
- add the screenshot of Inbox from Apple Mail
- is message in "Sent" folder in Apple Mail marked as high-prio? (add screenshot)

The 2nd scenario described by dveight is normal behaviour, the 3rd scenario will have probably the same cause (I tried it also with no success).
Thank you.

Pavel Špalek
  •  
Anthony@TCMConsulting

Povel,

We here at TCM Consulting in San Diego (a Preferred Partner) have been able to recreate the issue. We are also seeing it spread from client to client. I can give you a approximate date in which we starting seeing the issue. My client first showed the issue week after June 20th. The second reply from a email address using Kerio 8.1.1 it shows and important (!). This is with following versions: Original email sent from Outlook (Mac Version 14.3.5 (130515) on Mac OS X 10.8.4, replies (2nd reply not the first) with Apple Mail 6.5 (1508). I personally an having the issue with my Outlook.

Anthony Berta
TCM Consulting
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify something here:

1)Regarding to Justin' post (chaletart) - Kerio does take the bugs seriously. You can call in at anytime to submit support ticket, we have 24/7 support.

2)If it's found that the issue is happening due a Kerio's bug, you won't pay anything for it. You will only pay if it isn't Kerio's Issue and if you don't have any of the 2 support tickets left. (2 support tickets per year of subscription).

3)Anthony, as you are a Partner, would you mind to submit a support case? http://www.kerio.com/support

Anything that goes through our support system will be faster, we have a great support team monitoring it.

Also we are always happy to help here at the public forum but sometimes it can take a bit more time.

All the best,

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
michael.tapp

Jumped from 8.0.2 to 8.1.2 of Kerio Connect about a week ago.

After the upgrade, Outlook 2011 users are experiencing the problem described above.

Please fix this.

Please advise any way I can help get this fixed.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 July 2013 07:11]

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Please can anybody in this thread follow the scenario described in my post above (http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/24384/104380/#msg_104380) and send me requested info? I tried the exact product versions as Anthony Berta and the issue doesn't happen. There must be something more (setting in Outlook preferences, the rule, different account type in Apple Mail?) that causes this behaviour. Thanks

Pavel Špalek
  •  
Tim Rodriguez

I've been able to recreate this, and am attaching an archive of .eml files and supporting screenshots as requested.

We're on Kerio Connect 8.1.2, Outlook 14.3.6, and AppleMail 6.5

Two notes:
- User 2 in this case has Exchange IMAP in Apple Mail.
- Incoming message in Apple Mail is marked as normal priority.

The main difference I see in the headers specifically is that outlook and Kerio both include the "Importance: Normal" header along with "X-Priority: 3" while AppleMail does not send an "Importance: " header at all, just the "X-Priority:"

This also started appearing for us after upgrading to KC 8.1.2

•  
michael.tapp

"Jumped from 8.0.2 to 8.1.2 of Kerio Connect about a week ago."

Nothing else changed. Problem started.
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Tim, thank you very much for your effort. I'm currently analyzing your logs, the log from Outlook shows that the message is really downloaded with importance "high". Unfortunately I'm still not able to reproduce such behaviour, conversion of supplied messages produces normal importance in my environment as expected. As you correctly stated, the "Importance" header is removed by Apple Mail, but it should default to "normal" importance anyway.
Please what is the platform you are running Connect on (Win/Mac/Linux)?

Pavel Špalek
Previous Topic: Multiple domains and the GAL gone AWOL
Next Topic: Help on how to fix reply, forwards to my own domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 09:23:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00566 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.