Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Receiving faxes to a user's email address
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have the following selected for my extension...

Quote:
Dial extension, wait for answer, detect CNG

When a fax is incoming I would expect to answer the phone, hear a beep (cng) or 2 from the sending fax, then have the fax automatically answered. Instead I just hear continual beeps (cng's).

What is the expected/correct behavior?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
fishtech

HI,

Operator does not seem to be detecting the CNG tone.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Are you using T.38 on the external SIP interface? If not, what is the codec you use?

Vladimir
  •  
fishtech

I use a PRI from ATT on an Operator box.

How do I check if there is T.38 on the external interface?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

T.38 only applies to SIP interfaces. You do not need it to receive fax over the PRI. Did you try to receive faxes at the dedicated fax-to-email PBX service?

Vladimir
  •  
fishtech

I set up dedicated fax-to email service on extension 88 (with my email address as the recipient), and I forwarded a DID number to extension 88.

I then sent a fax to the DID number. The was received in good order and emailed to me.

How do I get my personal DID & extension to receive faxes?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

It looks like there is a bug when you want to receive a fax from a PRI/BRI on a personal extension. The CNG detection is not working as expected. We are now looking into it.

Vlaidimir
  •  
fishtech

OK, thanks for the info.
ft.
  •  
fishtech

Updated to 2.1.1 last night.

I have tested incoming faxing on 6 extensions. It works on 5 (which is great!) but the 6th extension does not recognize the fax tone... the incoming fax is not answered.

I am using 'Dial extension, wait for answer, detect CNG'.

All extns are configured the same way. The one that doesn't work is a member of a number of ring groups, while the others are not.

Please advise.

Thanks,

ft.

•  
fishtech

Tested on another couple extensions.

One is a 'simple' end-user extension and worked fine.

The other extn is in several ringing groups and it could not detect the cng tone from the sending fax machine.

To test whether being a member of ringing groups causes this problem, I then added my own extension to those groups. My extn was able receive faxes both before and after joining the ringing groups.

hmmm...

Regards,

ft.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

It shouldn't make any difference whether your extension is a member of a ring group, call queue, etc.

The only thing that matters is how incoming calls are routed. If they were routed to for example to an IVR tree with a fallback to the 6th extension, then it probably won't work.

One more thing comes up to my mind. It is possible that the 6th extension / phone uses a codec which makes it difficult to detect the CNG tone. One solution might be to configure the extension to "Answer, detect, wait, dial". You can also try to use a uLaw/aLaw codec.

Filip
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
If they were routed to...

That was it.

I thought the direct inbound number was routed direct to the extn, but in fact it was routed to a ringing group with 1 member.

This route was originally configured like this in consideration of future expansion of a department of 1.

Many thanks for the pointer... I will revisit my dial plan Smile

ft.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 April 2013 15:22]

•  
fishtech

Very much appreciate the work y'all at Kerio have put into faxing so far.

Not sure if this would be possible within the architecture, but could ringing groups receive faxes somehow?

In the 'Edit ring group' window perhaps you could have an 'If cng fax tone detected...', similar to the way ringing group voicemail works.

Our ringing groups represent individual departments and it would be useful for departments to receice faxes.

Thanks again,

ft.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 April 2013 16:00]

Previous Topic: Voicemail recording continues after hang up
Next Topic: Easy way to change call routing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 01:58:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00563 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.