Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Introducing Kerio Connect 8.1.0 RC (New version with 64-bit binaries and integrated Instant Messaging server.)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Are you interested about the future? Please take a look at the new RC version of upcoming Kerio Connect 8.1 and share your thoughts.

See release notes for a comprehensive list of improvements.

Beta section: http://www.kerio.com/betas/connect
Complete list of changes: http://www.kerio.com/betas/connect#tabset-tab-2

[Updated on: Tue, 30 April 2013 14:34]

•  
giampos

Ok for IM, I'm testing it with an XMPP client, but can you explain better about:

"Thanks to the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP/Jabber)..............and also having live audio and video calls.

Are this feautures already available?? If yes, how? with wich clients/software??
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

giampos wrote on Thu, 11 April 2013 11:54
Ok for IM, I'm testing it with an XMPP client, but can you explain better about:

"Thanks to the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP/Jabber)..............and also having live audio and video calls.

Are this feautures already available?? If yes, how? with wich clients/software??

Yes, the server supports this. It depends on the client what feature it provides. Eg. iChat (Messages) can do video calls.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_instant_messaging _clients#XMPP-related_features
  •  
giampos

Thanks, I will try......
  •  
My IT Indy

Question, does the video chat go client to client or does it go through the server?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

HoosierMac wrote on Thu, 11 April 2013 13:59
Question, does the video chat go client to client or does it go through the server?

Video chat goes client to client.
  •  
Tilmann

With this release will there be a BlackBerry OS10 Support available?
  •  
KeConnUser

Oh, Instant Messaging? How does that work?

And still no central signature managing by admin .... too bad. Very bad!

Keep on working guys Smile
  •  
Albeck

@Tilmann@ Support for Blackberry 10 is available via Exchange Active Sync (based on release notes)

Will there finally be an Mailbox based archiving system now? So that useres can access their archived mails and dont have mailboxes with >100GB (feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-kerio-connect/suggestions/1 893335-per-user-email-archive-access)
  •  
k.nebel

I would like to know if the XMPP service also supports XMPP Chat rooms. If so how can I get this to work?

Cheers
Konstantin
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

k.nebel wrote on Mon, 29 April 2013 11:15
I would like to know if the XMPP service also supports XMPP Chat rooms. If so how can I get this to work?

Cheers
Konstantin

XMPP Chat rooms are not supported yet. We are considering to add this feature in one of future release. Please use 'Suggest Idea' button on Web Administration Dashboard to suggest your ideas.
Previous Topic: Connect Security Configuration Questions
Next Topic: Kerio connect 8.0.2 and archiving
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 21:15:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00541 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.