Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reply and Forwarding icons in mail.app and iOS (Functionality request/discussion)
  •  
mikeeteevee

Send a private message to this user
Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.

I've had a client recently ask me regarding the forwarding and reply icons that appear in the left-hand side of email subjects. When an email is forwarded (and replied, natch) the icons for the last action appear next to the email subject line.

Specifically this is for the mail.app and iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad.

Using iCloud mail, these updates are available to each device that views the mail. So for clients sharing a mailbox, they can see if mail has been responded to or forwarded. On testing, Kerio Connect does not seem to carry this information across devices when it syncs. Is there a way to set this or is this being implemented as a feature.

Thanking you in advance!

Mikee

[Updated on: Thu, 11 April 2013 10:47]

•  
fishtech

I vaguely remember this may be related to how you have your ios mail account set up.

if you are set up with an exchange-type account, you may want to switch to imap... i think exchange-type accounts do not correctly support the flags/indicators you mention.

the cheap-and-easy way to set up imap is to navigate safari to the webmail login page on your ios device and click the setup link.

hth,

ft.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 April 2013 15:16]

•  
mikeeteevee

Thanks fishtech. They're definitely connected via IMAP though. It just doesn't appear to sync that function.
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

I am using iOS6 and OSX 10.8.3. If I reply to a message in OSX Mail app the reply icon shows in iOS as soon as I refresh the screen.

If I forward a message on iOS, the forward flag appears in OXS Mail app almost immediately, with no action required.

I did use the 'integration' method to set up the IMAP account on both my phone and my desktop, ie. I used the 'integration' link in the login page of webmail on both devices.

Do you recall if you used integration or just set up 'plain' IMAP accounts on your iOS and OSX? I do not have the info to be able to say if integration makes this difference but it might be worth trying if you did not use it to set up your account.

Cheers,

ft.
  •  
mikeeteevee

That's great intel. I'll follow this up and let you know how I get on.
Previous Topic: kmsrecover 8.0.2
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.3.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:44:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.