Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Best way to set up group faxing? (Trying to plan the configuration.)
  •  
blswjames

Send a private message to this user
Here's a scenario.

Organization has existing PBX system and Kerio Connect in the environment. There are two (2) Legacy fax machines, each with a dedicated extension. Everyone already has several thousand business cards already printed with the existing fax number.

Now, the organization decides to upgrade to Kerio Operator along with the Digium add-on card for legacy PRI support. All DID extensions are the same as before, and are provided via PRI circuit.

The desired outcome is to keep the existing fax extensions, and have all incoming faxes be delivered to a public folder (published via Kerio Connect) that everyone can access via email. (All user accounts are provided via Open Directory, and so are shared by all Kerio applications.)

Seems like it should be possible, but I am hoping that someone might have some suggestions for the best way to implement it. I know that I can map an email address to a public folder in Connect, but can I create an extension in Operator that is tied to a group or "everyone" rather than a single user account? Can users send and receive faxes to/from this extension using their own web login?

Just to clarify: By "group", I am referring to a group of users, such as those mapped from an LDAP service. I am NOT referring to a paging group, or a group of phone extensions. Single phone extension; several user accounts; incoming faxes are forwarded to email address associated with the group, but outgoing faxes show the shared extension for caller ID.

Thank you!

[Updated on: Mon, 15 April 2013 22:42]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

That should be easy - enable the PBX service for receiving fax messages and configure it to send fax messages to your group e-mail address. The fax service under PBX services is intended for company-wide/group usage.

Vladimir

[Updated on: Tue, 16 April 2013 14:32]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Just to clarify, the fax service in PBX services is for receiving faxes only.
  •  
blswjames

Wow, I should have known that. I overlooked the fax settings in the PBX services and was thinking that it was the same thing as the per-user fax for some reason. That is awesome! Thank you so much.
Previous Topic: Call queue orders
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.1.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 14:56:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00848 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.