Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Distribution list based on the category
  •  
cik

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

anyone knows if there is any way how to create Distribution list based on the contact's category (for example: category Key Customer and Suppliers), pls?

thank you
  •  
MarkK

Distribution lists have to be created in the Admin screens, so you can create it based on what ever you want. Then membership can be manually entered, or the standard subscribe / unsubscribe methods used.

You can use a CSV file to import a list of members.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 April 2013 19:02]

•  
cik

Thank you MarkK for your reply, but it looks like i'm blind, because i can't find a way how to create distribution lists in Admin interface.

I hope that you didn't think Mailing Lists.

Maybe i should explain what we want to achieve...

Let's say we have some contacts in our contact list. Each of them can be in the various categories (for example - VIP customer, Suppliers, etc.) And we would like to send email to all contacts, who are in the the Suppliers category.

I know that i can create these distribution lists manually, but this is not a really good solution, if you can have contacs in more then one category and you can have hundreds of contacts in each category and contact's membership list is changing over time

It would be nice if these distribution lists could be created using SQL queries :-/
  •  
puretech

I'm afraid there is no such feature unless you do it manually. We have few and that has done manually from admin interface (webmail as contacts are shared) You will have to keep it up-to-date.

Regarding creating using SQL queries, i am not sure how this would be done as Kerio doesn't use database..
Previous Topic: Does CallerID do anything?
Next Topic: [Feature Wish] Advanced Signatures
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 21:17:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.