Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Searching for attachments in Kerio (Searching for attachments in Kerio)
  •  
bandicootltd

Send a private message to this user
Hi

Not sure if this is possible, on the wanted listed or being worked on or just not feasible. I have Kerio 8.0.0 build 639 on Windows 2008 with approx 300 mailboxes across maybe 60 domains. A client want the ability to search for attachment file names. I have ticked the box for full text indexing which is now complete and this appears to work on Web mail but doesn't appear to work in Outlook. If I search for a known file name within the Kerio mailbox in Outlook it doesn't find the email. If I test with a known file name in a PST it works. It also appears to work in web mail for Kerio? If there something I need to tweak in Outlook to get indexing to work?

Stuart
  •  
Vicky

Send a private message to this user
Hi Stuart,

I have also tested this in Kerio Connect 8.1 and I get the same result. If this works with a .pst file I would suspect that this lacking feature is down to the fact that our KOFF Connector uses .fdb file and this may explain why Outlook cannot search for attachments. You could list a suggestion via your WebAdmin 'Suggest Idea' but I am not sure if this is something our developers will have control over.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: Web mail error in log
Next Topic: Spf help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 03:43:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00344 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.