Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problem of subnetmask (Problem of subnetmask 255.255.255.255)
  •  
web

Send a private message to this user
Hello
subnetmask to OVH NET Datacenter Server is just as 255.255.255.255, but of kerio linux version 8 I can not enter it, and each sub-net to another subnetmask deal to a network problem.
Please enter the solution to 255.255.255.255 give subnetmask.
  •  
rjokl

1. If you try to enter 255.255.255.254 as a workaround, do you have some issue? I mean is there something really broken?

2. if yes, you have to edit configuration file to enter 255.255.255.255 - please contact technical support for further instructions

3. we will remove this GUI limitation in next version
  •  
web

When we arrived I was 255,255,255,254 as the problem, but we can not even enter 254 as well.
Where should I contact to give support please email
Why kerio support of this forum can not be a solution.
  •  
silars

What are you trying to do? That mask is almost exclusively used for host routes, which Kerio Connect supports.

Are you trying to assign that mask to a network interface? Have you tried 255.255.255.252?

Assigning that to a network interface is questionable and generally considered insecure (reliance on Proxy ARP for routing). You can also run into ARP tables issues, since you must ARP for all destinations.
  •  
silars

http://forums.kerio.com/m/96800/?srch=OVH#msg_96800

Here's a link to a previous post concerning OVH. The .252 mask appears to have solved their problems.

I knew someone asked about this problem before.
Previous Topic: kerio ipsec and pfsense
Next Topic: how to add or remove users in php??????
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 20:27:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.