Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Cannot Connect to Firebird Database (Warning messages plaguing my logs)
  •  
TechTalent

Send a private message to this user
I'm seeing 2 error messages showing up repeatedly in the Warning Logs of our Kerio Operator Box

Cannot connect to firebird database. Try 0

and

LibSendMailTemplate: No language specified for template 'newVoicemail'.

Can anyone shed any light on either of these? I can't seem to find any info on the web.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

the first message regarding the firebird database means that some process was unable to connect to the database. The connection is created several times, so unless you see try 0, try 1, try 2... as well as an error message in the error log, everything works fine. It might happen once during reboot/upgrade. If it occurs frequently it looks like the HW is overloaded.

The second message means that when sending email a language was not specified. It should not happen. Anyway it automatically falls back to english, so you didn't loose any email. Are you able to reproduce this? Can you please email your support info file to fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com. (Click a link at the bottom of the system health screen)

Thank you,
Filip

•  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

I'm having a big problem with a similar issue.
I can't access in https my Kerio Operator VMware Appliance, i food this errors looking at the logs (in ssh)

Database::x_2wo - Cannot connect to firebird database. Attempt 9, giv$
[18/Sep/2015 16:03:56] [18-Sep-2015 16:03:56] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exceptio$
[18/Sep/2015 16:03:56] Stack trace:
[18/Sep/2015 16:03:56] #0 /opt/kerio/operator/www/lib/Database.inc(82): x_x5->x_2wo()
[18/Sep/2015 16:03:56] #1 /opt/kerio/operator/www/lib/Database.inc(25): x_x5->__construct(NU$
[18/Sep/2015 16:03:56] #2 /opt/kerio/operator/www/lib/DbHelper.inc(428): x_x5::x_g()
[18/Sep/2015 16:03:56] #3 /opt/kerio/operator/lib/php/miscutils.inc(303): x_2yr::x_30f('sele$
[18/Sep/2015 16:03:56] #4 /opt/kerio/operator/lib/provisioning/prov-generate(59): x_2yk(63)
[18/Sep/2015 16:03:56] #5 {main}

Can you help me?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it looks like the firebird database is not running. Does a reboot help?

Our support team can analyze the installation. Feel free to contact them.

Filip
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

Hi Filip thanks for the quick answer.
I was a little afraid doing a reboot in the middle of the day Sad this is a rather big customer

Is there any way i can restart the database without a cold reboot? via ssh?
if not I'll try reboot this evening, i have a full backup just in case.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I can take a look at what happened. Do you have ssh access to the Operator? If not, could you share the VM console with me? Contact me on <fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com>.
  •  
sigfrido@netatwork.it

Hi Filip
i have sent you an email with the credentials of the Kerio Operator
let me know
thank you
Previous Topic: Urgent: Provisioning support for Snom D765
Next Topic: Caller ID FXO Detection in Czech Republic
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 15:36:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00936 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.