Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Upgrade Kerio Connect for Outlook 2003 on Windows XP fails
  •  
Roger F

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I upgraded Kerio Connect Server on Mac OSX server to the latest version 8.0.2 yesterday.

When starting Outlook 2003 on Windows machines the automatic client upgrade starts.
On Windows XP the upgrade fails. During the installation suddenly a pop up window appears saying that it cannot locate the installation file. Choosing it manually it still says the same error.

I have also downloaded the installation file from the Kerio website and the problem remains the same. I have done many upgrades on this XP machine before and this problem never happened before.

I've also upgraded on a Windows 7 machine and there the upgrade worked.

Please help.

Thank you!
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

What is the exact wording of the pop-up message you are seeing? Does the pop-up include an error code?
  •  
Roger F

The message is in German so I try to translate:

The function you are trying to use is on a network ressource which is not currently available.
Click OK to repeat. Or manually add the path to the folder where the installation package kerio-connect-koff.7.3.3.7051-win32.msi is located.

It is like the Win XP installation routine of v 8.0.2 is referring to a wrong (old version) file.

Is this a bug?

•  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Hi, Roger

Please create a Support ticket and ask for 'KTUninistaller'. It looks like Windows has lost some of the data on the existing installation and therefore can't make all of the necessary alterations. The KTUninstaller will allow you to strip the existing installation of KOFF from the PC in question and you should then be able to safely reinstall.

Sadly, this is available only on demand, we do not make it available in public forums as this.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Roger F

I have opened a support ticket just now.
Previous Topic: outlook archiving copies mails instead of move
Next Topic: Operating System
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 05:07:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.