Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voicemail Audio Alert
  •  
jkovalick

Send a private message to this user
We recently updated our Kerio Operator box to 2.1.0 build 1543.

We have Polycom 560 and 660 phones.

Since the update to 2.1.0 build 1543, we have incessant audio alerts for Voicemail.

Here is what happens:
-New voicemail. LED flashes and audio alert.
-Wait 40 seconds and the screen darkens. Back light is set to idle out at 40 seconds.
-At 60 seconds the screen lights up and Voicemail audio alert sounds.
-Wait 40 seconds and he screen darkens. Back light is set to idle out at 40 seconds.
-At 60 seconds the screen lights up and Voicemail audio alert sounds again.
-Repeats again and again until voicemail is checked.

It seems like the Kerio is sending an alert to the phone. But I can not find a setting anywhere for this.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it is not related to the upgrade. There were no changes in the polycom provisioning files between Operator version 2.0.x and 2.1.x except a periodic resync after 24 hours and a support for paging (auto-answer).

The described annoying beep and screen flickering is the phone's default behavior. Have you upgraded the Polycom's firmware recently? It seems to happen with new firmware releases only.

To get around this you have to provision the phone with a few new commands. You can do it by creating file /var/tftp/MAC-manual.cfg (where MAC is the phone's mac address) with this content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<MESSAGE_WAITING 
    se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.1.type="silence" se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.1.value="0" 
    se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.2.type="silence" se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.2.value="0"
    se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.3.type="silence" se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.3.value="0"
    se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.4.type="silence" se.pat.misc.messageWaiting.inst.4.value="0"
/>

Step by step guide:
1. Enable ssh (shift-click the Tasks button on the System Health screen)
2. Use an ssh client (e.g. putty) to connect to Operator. Login as "root" and use the Admin's password to get in.
3. Execute nano /var/tftp/0004F21FA990-manual.cfg
4. Copy&paste the code
5. Save the file by pressing Ctrl+X, then hit 'Y'
6. Reboot the phone

The process needs to be repeated for every phone you want to customize.

Please let me know if it helped. We will address this issue in the next version of Operator.

Thank you,
Filip
  •  
silars

Thanks Filip. This has been bugging me for some time too, and your response prompted me to finally put this to bed.

However, I did find that your config is pre-3.3.0/UCS.

For UCS phones, it appears they'll need to borrow the configs from this link: http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-disable-t he-message-waiting-tone/td-p/21228

Full disclosure: I don't autoprovision my Polycoms. I use an external TFTP server.
  •  
jkovalick

Thanks, silars....our phones were updated to the latest firmware to make use of the BLF features.
Previous Topic: Phone lines - ISDN Incoming/Outcoming calls
Next Topic: Voicemail recording continues after hang up
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 06:24:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00347 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.