Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » DISA in KO (is it supported?)
  •  
Riddick

Send a private message to this user
Hi! You should know about this voip feature DISA. It allows you to dial your pbx from your cellphone for example, enter a pin-code and then to dial any number from this pbx as an outgoing call. Is it possible to do it in KO? Didn't find any information in KB.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 April 2013 22:29]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Direct inward system access as you describe it is not supported.

There's the dial-by-extension service that can be used from auto-attendant menus. It allows you to call internal extension. You could use it to call predefined external numbers by combining it with the speed dials feature.

Vladimir
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

DISA can be a huge security nightmare, short numeric pins are easy to guess and phone phreaks (phone hackers) can run you up crazy long distance bills.

Why not load the Kerio Operator, or a free SIP Client like 3CX, on your cellphone and dial directly out using data only? A lot more secure, saves you cell minutes, and people can even call you back on the office number.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 April 2013 04:25]

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
Riddick

I thought DISA supposed to authenticate you by cell phone number before allowing you to make a call.
  •  
Riddick

Vladimir, i tried what you adviced me but dialing a predefined extension works only from inside (i.e. from the phone that is registered in KO). So when i dial the extension that is bound to an external number from auto attendant menu it just drops me. Could this be for some security reasons or smth else?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Do you have the external numbers defined as speed dials?

Vladimir
  •  
Riddick

Sure, this is the only way to bound int and ext numbers.
  •  
Riddick

I made some tests and found out that the problem is in the sip-trunk by Multifon. If i use another outgoing trunk speed dial works fine.

So,
1. If i make speed dial from inside, for ex. i dial 555 that is bound to 8937*******, it works fine.
2. If i call from my cell phone to KO, then dial 555 (or 84 then 555) it hangs me up.
In both cases i called through Multifon.

Realy don't understand what's going on. I saved debug so i can send it to you if you don't mind.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Please send the log to vtoncar at kerio dot com.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Security recommendation
Next Topic: A feature to add
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 06:38:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.