Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Exposure of NAT'd Addresses
  •  
coco

Send a private message to this user
I tested our KWF 6.0.1. installation using the 'Firewall Test 1' from the AuditMyPC site at http://www.auditmypc.com, and it reported the following:

Notice!, your natted (or real) IP address is a.b.c.d. This information can be used to track your activities. I should not be able to obtain this information if your security is properly configured!

(I have blanked out the natted address, which was the correct internal LAN address of the machine in question).

Is this the fault of KWF? If so, what can be done about it?

Regards,
Steve Moss,
CoCo Systems Ltd.
  •  
HSK2840

Send a private message to this user
Here is says:

"We scanned the ports you requested, looking for any services or viruses that might be running on them, and did not find anything. This usually indicates that your firewall software or security software is functioning properly. If we had found open ports, we would have reported them to you so that you could adjust your firewall accordingly. "

So it must be something you configured wrong. I just use the standard 'wizard'-settings..
Previous Topic: (8301) Antivirus plug-in error
Next Topic: Permitting P2P access
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 12:14:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.